Thirty Six

"So" I ask Jackson as I sit next to him "your mom? Who is she? Is she why you made sure Lexie visited her sister this week?"

"Catherine Avery" he says "she's married into the Avery family, she's also a meddler. Can I hide in your office from her?" Snorting as he pleads "I'm serious"

"She's amazing" April tells me "also congratulations on the baby"

"Your pregnant?" Alex asks "again?"

Nodding my head "Seven weeks, twins" oh yes, this time I'm giving birth to twins. I'm just soooo happy about this. I am happy I'm just...I imagined pushing out one baby, also I think I'll take a break after this pregnancy since I don't need to give birth every year. Plus Meredith and Elliot are trying for another baby only to recently find out that Meredith has what she calls a hostile uterus.

"Are you trying to build an army of surgeons?" Cristina asks me as I drink the water.

"Seems like it" I zone out everyone until we see Catherine Avery come out "oh fuck"

"What?" Jackson asks

"Um, Jackson" I whisper "you should probably know something"

"What?" He asks

"This happened when I was twenty five" I whisper to him "but um...I kind of...I started an orgy with your mom"

His eyes widen "You" I cover his mouth quickly as Cristina coughs on a laugh since she and the others heard.

"Also" I add "your mom may or may not have had sex with my dad" he stares at me "I'm going to remove my hand and your not going to scream" I do after a moment and luckily he is silent.

"You slept with my mom?!" Jackson exclaims loudly, everyone looks our way and I rub my brows "mom! You slept with my friend? And her dad?"

She looks at us and I wave my hand "Oh Luna! How has it been? I see you told him, well baby Luna and I were adults and if you slept with her then you know her skills"

"Ah!" Jackson covers his ears sitting down

"Jackson and I didn't sleep together" I tell her raising my hand showing my ring "I'm married now"

"Oh congratulations!" She says "who's the lucky person?"

"Dr. John Shepherd" I point to my husband who waves his hand.

"Your a lucky man Dr. Shepherd" she says "now back to why I'm here! Ryan honey! Why don't you come out here please" some white guy with dark hair and dark eyes comes out, he's wearing a robe. Why? "Everyone this is Ryan"

"Hi" he smiles to us

"Ryan, could you show everyone" Catherine asks "what were here to do today?" He takes off his robe and we all stare at how he's dickless and Jackson is hiding "ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to invite a few very lucky residents to scrub in on this country's first...penis transplant. Thanks to a case of penile cancer, Ryan underwent a full penectomy" nicer way of saying he was castrated "eleven months ago. Good margins left him basically cured and cancer free" they high five "so that's gone and today we'll be replacing the other thing Ryan lost. A suitable donor has become available here at Seattle Grace Mercy West, and Ryan generously agreed to fly  out and make this day a teaching opportunity. Who wants in on it?" Everyone but me and Jackson raise our hands.

Mark clears his throat standing up "Mark Sloan, plastics. Isn't penile reconstruction the standard approach in cases like these? Why a...a transplant?"

"Well" Catherine says "I can answer your question with a question, do you like your penis?"

We all laugh as he says "Yes, it does the job"

"If one day it wasn't there" she says "wouldn't you want it back?" Jackson rubs his brows constipated "or would you be satisfied with a reconstructed organ that has very little function?"

"Satisfied? No" shaking his head "but that's not the"

"Neither would Ryan here" cutting him off "yes, this is new ground. But here's a young man with his whole life ahead of him with the will to love it as a whole man. With a braver and selflessness to help advance medical science along the way so let's give Ryan a hand!" We clap our hands but Jackson "And now! LET'S GIVE RYAN A PENIS!" As we pile out, people greet Catherine while John comes over to me.

"I don't mean to be snarky or rude" John asks me wrapping an arm around my waist "but isn't there anyone you haven't slept with?" Oh course he's annoyed, he works with people who have fucked me and knows I was quite the player before I met him. So he is quite upset.

I go to the skills lab with my husband, John is staying by my side during the entire thing "So...what did you find out?" Pulling out the sonogram photo, John is busy nearly all day so he couldn't be there today. John takes the phone and spins me around smiling "twins!"

"Oh" I let out a laugh "after the twins we are using condoms, okay?"

"Okay" he agrees as I sit down

"You two seem happy" Catherine comes over and I hug her "hello Luna! Still as loose as ever?"

"Only with my husband" I tell her "we're having twins"

"Congratulations" she tells me "starting your family?"

"Not if you count four kids starting" I say "we already have kids, one set of twins who are girls and two boys"

"Congratulations" she tells me "now I have to go teach but I'd like to hear all about it if I pick you for the surgery" once everyone has been seated Catherine demands "who here has worked with the tissue of the penis before?"

"Kepner keep your hand down" Alex orders as she shushes hm.

"It's delicate vascularity" Catherine stands before us all "demands a grace and elegance that not many surgeons of your station have mastered. The two surgeons to do the best end to end anastomosis of their chicken's femoral vessels will scrub in with me. So be cautious, be careful, be brilliant" exclaiming that word "Begin!"

I look through the microscope picking up the scalpel and tweezers. After an hour, it's just Meredith, Jackson and Alex and I. Alex soon runs out of the room when his pager goes off multiple times including Meredith's. Meredith more like runs out when she sees her pager.

"They forfeit!" Mark exclaims

"Congratulations" Catherine smiles waving to me and Jackson "we have our winners"

"He's your son" Cristina complains "you slept with Luna, and your the judge! Isn't there some rule against there?"

"I don't play favorites dear" Catherine says "nepotism is for the weak"

"That's what my birthday cards always said" Jackson tells everyone. Poor Jackson, at least he got a birthday card from his mom. Mine just said it and left to work telling me and Meredith that surgery is more important than birthdays.