Twenty Six

~Months Later~

"Wow" looking over at one of the new Mercy West transfer residents "your really beautiful" she has medium length brown hair with fair skin and blue eyes. She is wearing orange like the other transfers because the new scrubs for them didn't come in yet.

Smiling "Thank you, you must be one of the new transfers. I'm Luna"

"April. April Kepner" smiling to me "this is my friend Reed" she motions to the resident with fair skin, brown eyes and pixie cut brown hair.

"Luna" holding my hand out

She shakes my hand "Reed Adamson"

"Hey!" Izzie calls out, her hair is short and growing back from the chemo. See Izzie was diagnosed months ago with skin cancer, stage three that there was a five percent chance of surviving. The day she was saved was the day we lost George O'Malley since he saved someone the day he was about to leave for the army "You can't put your things in there"

"They told us" Reed says "to grab a cubby"

"Yeah but" Izzie complains "there's a reason we keep it empty" it was George's locker "can you just take it out?"

"Don't mind her" I cut Izzie off, they look at us "Dr. Barbie here is just being sentimental—if you want to put your things in here go ahead"

"Thanks" she says giving Izzie a look "I think I will"

"I said take it out!" Izzie exclaims in anger

"Back off Barbie!" Turning to look at her, looking at Reed and April "don't mind her, she's crazy" April giggled at that.

"Iz" Alex comes in then hearing Izzie.

"No!" Izzie gets into Reed's face well tried to since Alex grabs her "Your tiny, I can take you" so I bitch slap her hard, the slap echos that everyone looks at us "Luna!"

"Take a chill pill" crossing my arms "now go, now!" Alex pulls her away as I turn to look at Reed "if you want we can switch lockers so you won't have to be next to crazy"

"Thanks for the offer" she says "but I think I can handle crazy—thanks for standing up for me, I thought you might hate me"

"Why should I hate you?" Leaning against the cubby wall "you didn't do anything to me did you?"

"Hi" we see two guys come over, both in orange. One with normal skin, dark eyes and some dark hair and the other with brown skin, blue eyes and short black hair with facial hair "I'm Charles—Charles Percy, this is Jackson Avery" I shake their hands "Thanks for standing up for our friend and can I just say your very beautiful"

"Thank you"

"Do you" Reed asks me "always call her Barbie? Is that her name?"

Shaking my head "Her name is Isobel Stevens"

"Why do you call her Barbie?" Jackson asks

"I've called her Dr. Barbie since the first day of internship" shrugging my shoulders "Also have you seen her? She's like a Barbie doll" they laugh at that "if you need any help around here just come to me and ask"

"Why are you being so nice?" Charlie asks "everyone else around here seems to hate us"

"Your the competition" I say "and I'd rather be fighting you all at full force than waiting for you to catch up—I love a good challenge" I go to leave but before I do I tell them "also a good way to piss off Stevens is to call her Dr. Barbie or Barbie, either works and Dr. John Shepherd? He's my husband so don't try to hit on him or I'll skin you alive" they stare at me as I smile skipping away.