Thirty Nine

~John's POV~

"I want to stay with Derek" Amelia says "that's the only way I'm staying here in Washington"

That was this morning, so here I am about to talk to Derek in his office "Derek" he looks my way "I know your angry with me but listen to me"

"I'm not angry with you" he sighs "I'm angry with Meredith Grey, she can do whatever she wants and she doesn't get punished or seem to care about the punishment given to her. I'm not mad or angry with Luna either because it's not her fault that she has such a reckless sister, I don't blame her. Anyway, how was visiting LA? Did you both have fun? How was visiting Amy? Her dad?" Still terrifying as always to see her dad.

"It's about Amy" Derek stops when I cut him off from his rant, he hates Meredith Grey. He's going to take a job somewhere else to get away from her "she's pregnant"

"What?" He asks "how far?"

"Six months" I say "but Derek, she needs to stay with you"

"What do you mean? Does mom know? Anyone?" He demands "how could she keep this from everyone for six months?"

"Amy's baby" I slowly say cutting him off "is anencephalic" Derek is speechless so I continue "Amy couldn't stay in LA since she resents Addison since Addison now has a baby and no one but her friends down there, Luna, Alex Karev" since he lives in the same house as us "and I know. Naya and Amara think she got fat since Amy told them that" yeah, Naya and Amara were staring at Amelia's belly and asked if she was having a baby. When she said no, she just told them that she was really fat.

"Amelia's baby" he asks "is anencephalic?"

"She's blaming herself" I tell him "she doesn't want mom or our sisters knowing, especially Kathleen. You know how Kathleen will be" Kathleen is the worst of them, our sisters are wolves but Kathleen is the worst of the four "so no word of Amy's pregnancy"

Nodding his head until his eyes widen "Amelia" what? Looking over I see Amelia here "oh Amy" he goes over to Amelia hugging her.

"I want to donate my babies organs" she says, we stare at her "if I can help someone then I will"

"We can talk"

"No Derek!" Amelia cuts him off "I want to do this, I want to donate my son's organs so that he can help others"

"We need to talk to the chief" I say since there are many who will argue about this, I mean should these organs be taken yes or no. Even the American Pediatrics Association aren't sure since the baby will still technically be alive just without a brain.

"John? Derek?" She asks after some time of her big revelation "did I do this to my baby? I did drugs and"

Shaking my head "No" I pull her into my arms as she cries "this was just an unlucky thing-the wrong pick of the genetic wheel. It's no one's fault"

"Kathleen would probably be laughing" Amelia cries "how I deserve this, how I am the fucked up person"

"Kathleen would not want this" Derek cuts her off "and this isn't your fault"

"It seems like it is" she mutters "I just want my baby, to do what you all did. But no" she starts to cry again.

"I'm going to talk to the chief Amy" rubbing her shoulder "talk to him about your decision" leaving the room I go to find Owen since he's the new chief, Richard needed to step down because of what he did. Helping Meredith keep her job, he never should have kept her job. Not after the stunt she pulled.

When I find Owen, I see him with the Board of Directors head Jennings "Great, your here"

"I'll be out" Jennings says

"Wait" I say holding up my hand "what I'm about to say concerns you both"

They frown sharing a confused look "Did you do something?" Owen asks

Shaking my head "My sister, she's having a baby"

"Congratulations to your sister" Jennings offers "but I don't see why I'm here"

"Her baby is anencephalic" Jennings doesn't know what that means "her baby has no brain" he gives me a pity look, the one look that Amelia is hating seeing right now "my sister has decided to donate her baby's organs"

"I don't see" Jennings asks "why this is a bad thing"

"Because the American Pediatric Association" Owen tells him "has been arguing for years about whether it's ethical to take organs from a baby with no brain since they are technically still alive but only for mere minutes to days"

"Can you take the organs after the baby is dead?" He asks

We shake our heads no "It'll be too late, by then the organs will have deteriorated"

"I'll need to discuss with the Board about this" Jennings stands up "how far is your sister?"

"Six months, with babies such as the one she's going to have" I say "she'll give birth in a month, maybe two but in most cases it'll be at seven months"

"I'll talk with the board" He says "thank you for bringing this up" he leaves then and I look at Owen.

"John I'm" Owen offers his sympathies "there are no words for the pain you and your family are going through"

"My sister is in the most pain" offering to take a walk, he nods his head "she's staying with Derek since being near the kids is hard for her, she loves her nieces and nephews but it's hard. Especially with Luna about to give birth in a few months" Luna is about seven months pregnant too, but she's having twins so her due date will be sooner. Plus I want her to take it easy since she has so much piled on her plate "and I want Luna to take it easy at first with everything but she's rocking this chief resident position, I mean she's very organized and she is ahead of everything. She was born for this role or more like born to be a leader"

"I was curious" Owen chuckles "about how things are, with Luna becoming chief resident but I am glad that Luna isn't doing too much"

"How are things with you and Yang?" I ask

Shaking his head "I don't know how I can forgive her, I wanted to talk to her about what Luna said. Tell Cristina that while she's a surgeon I'll raise the baby since that's what I want to do-have a family but" shaking his head again "I can't even look at her, she didn't even want to discuss it"

"You know if you want" I offer "you could baby sit our kids sometime, Luna and I can take a vacation after the twins are born. I know Luna is missing her party life"

"Does Luna have a problem?" He asks "I mean with drugs?"

Shaking my head "That's Amelia" I correct "she's going to regular meetings, she's trying to stay sober not only for herself but for her son even though...Amelia is different from before"

Nodding his head "How is it you and Luna conceived so quickly after having Rowan? It takes about three months at most for a woman before she can even have sex again. Yet you and Luna"

"Luna was born with this extra gene" I lie to him "makes her heal faster and her metabolism goes by faster, it's why she can drink so much and have drugs still feeling the effects but for a short while"