chapter 2

Author's POV.

The girl around 18 comes out of her school with a big smile on her face and happiness in her eyes. She hugged her friend and started celebrating her last exam paper and her excitement of going to college.  Without knowing that her smile and happiness made someone's day.

After getting convinced by her friend that they will have Pani Puri she went from there. After having that she went to her home. When she reached home she saw the door was opened which shows that her mother is home.

Without making any noise she went inside and closed her mother's eyes. Her mother instantly recognised the touch of her most beautiful gift from God.

" Tell me who I am?"
" Of course My source of life my Jeevika"

She pouted at her mother's answer and came from behind and sat beside her while putting both of her bends around her mother's neck and hugging her in that manner.

" How can you always recognise me? This is not done at least once you should not answer correctly?"

" You are so bad jeevika, mostly the child gets happy when her parents recognise their touch and here you're complaining to me."

" What do I do? I am not like that typical child. I am different. I am the best."

" You know Jeevika, you are so full of yourself."

" Why won't I? Don't you always say that I am the best gift from God? So if I am a gift of God then how can I be normal? Don't tell me now you are doubting your god."

She teased her mother with her sentence only. And earn a light slap from her.

" Aaa maa it hurts"
" Don't be a drama queen. Go change I will make something for you"
" Anha I had Pani Puri with Mahima."
" Fine then change "

Jeevika went to change. That time Radha got a call. After listening to another person saying her face lost its color. She knows all the possibilities of the results. But it's worse than she ever thought. She never knew that matter could be this serious.

Jeevika who comes out of her room saw her maa. And realized that something is wrong.

" Maa what are you thinking? Why does your face look so dull suddenly?"

" Nothing Jeevi it's Office call you know"

" No maa your face says it's something else tell me what happened?"

" No tell me "

" Jeevi, you are 18 and behave like one. Don't ask questions like you are my mother. Not the other way around."

" I am your daughter, that's why I am asking you a question. If I would have been your mother I would have twisted your ears and got by my answer now. So tell me."

She said while keeping her hands on her hips. Her mother comes to her and hugged her and said,

" Don't behave like my mother, behave like my daughter. And yes don't take tension, there is nothing to worry about. Until I am here."

" Fine if you say so."

Next week went totally different for both of them. For Jeevika it was fun and awesome as she was reading stories, watching movies and enjoying her vacation.

For Radha it was the most difficult time. As she can't do anything. Nor can she share her tension with Jeevika. Because she is tense about her only. She doesn't care for her but for Jeevika who is still 18 only. Who has not seen anything of life. She has yet to enjoy her life. Having no option she made a decision for her.

The decision which will change her life. Decision which she knows Jeevika will never accept wholeheartedly. Decisions which can cause a loss of her dream. Decision which will damage  their relationship.

But at least she will be safe and that's what she wants. She is ready to do anything to make sure that Jeevika is ok

She contented  the same person.

" Hello Radha here."

" Hello Mrs.Radha  So have you made any decision?"

" My decision is the same as before. I won't change my decision"

" I thought you took the whole week so you will change your decision. And will think practically"

" My decision is good only. I just wanted to know how much time I have?"

" Look Mrs.Radha, if you would have agreed to do as I have said I would have taken the guarantee of time. But as you are not agreeing with me then I can't tell you about even next moment "

" Fine "

Saying Radha cut the call. She sighs. She thought she is having at least some time so she will prepare herself and jeevika. But now that she doesn't even know about the next moment she has to take action fast.

After a call when she comes out of her room to cook. She saw Jeevika was already in the kitchen. When she felt presence she turned and saw her mother was there.

"Look what I have cooked. Idli Sambar"

" But why did you cook? I would have cooked"

" Ohho ma You are working and I am enjoying, so I thought to  helping you. Why do you always have to do all the work. I am a big girl so I can help you, you know."

Radha shook her head on her daughter's word and helped her to take things on the table. They started having their dinner. That time suddenly Radha asked,

"  Jeevi you know I love you right ?"

" Of course Maa I know you love me the most and the same way I love you the most."

Saying she stood up from her place and sat in her mother's lap.

" Jeevi you know you are 18 and sitting in my lap like 8. "

" I don't care I love you that is the way I show my love"

Saying she kissed her mother's cheek. And went back to her seat. Radha wipes her tears before she can say.

" I love you Jeevika,  I love you the most but I am sorry"

She said while looking at Jeevika whose whole Focus is now on her food.

So tell me how do you find this chapter? And are you excited for the next chapter?

Who do you think can be the person on the call with Radha? Or what kind of decision would she have taken for Jeevika and why? Will Jeevika accept it? Or her heart will be broken by her mother?

Please show your love with votes and comments.