16

I fell asleep as soon as I got to bed last night, so I woke up early this morning. Everything still hurts, but I got used to it. Somewhat. Either way, I have too much time on my hands, and I'm bored. I might as well train by myself. Nothing else to do.

I can't be bothered to shoot now. I also can't be bothered to punch the bag. My knuckles hurt from all the punching.

Thinking about what to do, I ended up in the weapon room with katanas and knives. And like last time, by the time I got back to my senses, I was holding the same knife Jimin uses.

Why are these so interesting?

Fuck it. No one sees me embarrassing myself. I'm alone.

I took 5 of them and walked over to a big dummy that they use for these things. It's like a punching bag that looks like a human, wrapped up in ropes, and it's all cut up from all the weapons they test on it.

I held the kunai, trying to figure out how he makes it look so easy. I might cut myself just holding it.

Again. Fuck it.

I held it by the handle, kind of aiming at where I want it to go, then I threw it. It looked fine, but then it hit the doll and fell flat on the ground.

Well... that's disappointing. Let's try again.

I tried and tried, but they just don't stick. Two times, I managed to stab it into the dummy, but it fell off soon after because the throw wasn't strong enough. It's truly embarrassing, but also fun.

God knows how many times I threw them and picked them up, but at some point, it became kind of fun.

I was preparing to throw another one when one of the knives flew by me, ramming directly into the dummy where the heart would be.

I turned around with the speed of light, already fully aware that there's only one person who could have done that.

'You are disgracing my knives.'

'Sorry. I was bored and figured I'd kill some time along with my pride.' I answer him, feeling embarrassed that he saw that

Instead of telling me off, he came over, taking two knives, and offering me one.

'Come on. Take it.'

Wait, is he showing me how to do this???

'First off, you're holding it wrong. You don't hold the handle. Hold the blade. Like this.' He held it between his index finger and his thumb, guiding me to do the same

'Like this?'

'Yes. Now, the aim. This is not like when you're shooting a gun. You can't close your eyes. You need them open. Imagine there is a line between your fingers and the spot you want to hit, and let your hand follow it.'

I kind of get it, but it's easier said than done.

'And finally, when you throw it, don't use just your wrist. Use your arm and your body. These are too light to throw them easy. You need to put a lot of force in if you want it to land. Like this.'

He slowly showed me how to hold it, aim it, and then he threw it. And as slow as it all was, the knife was in that dummy so fast I didn't get to blink.

'So cool...' I muttered under my breath

'I thought you were afraid of these.'

'Not exactly. You are the part that terrifies me about these.' I admit, looking down at the knife in my hand

'Go on. Try.' He ignored my comment, telling me to go for it

This is even more embarrassing. Having to throw knives in front of a master of the trade... but I fucked myself here.