66

JIMIN POV

We got called into a meeting by Namjoon, so I can only guess we're getting a new job.
Me and Hoseok were the last ones to get there, with everyone else waiting for us.

'What happened to your eye?' Yoongi squinted at Hoseok

'I don't wanna talk about it.' He raised his hand

'Rain kicked his ass in sparring.' I out him, having the guys laugh at him.

'Thank you for that.' He gets all sassy. 'It was my own fault for underestimating her.' He sighed

'I keep forgetting about it just the same. If we were fighting for real earlier, I'd have been dead.' As much as I pretended that I could have won, I actually gave myself into her. I still can't believe I've done that

'I'll have to fight her one of these days.' Namjoon finds her entertaining

'Is suggest you don't carry anything on you. She will steal it.' I warn him

'Did she take your knives again?' Jin laughs

'As soon as she got the chance.' I sigh, sitting down

'We can laugh about that later, for now, we've got work. A corporate group from Icheon has been having issues with a certain group that they want removed. They have been hacked, and their accounts have been emptied. They can't track them down. The group is in a medical field and is currently working on creating a cure for diabetics. Someone is not a fan of their progress, or they want their results. We have to find out more about it. I'll get on the hacking accounts. Yoongi, you will go to Icheon tonight. Scope out the area. Jungkook and Jin, set up surveillance all over the place once Yoongi is back with more details. Hoseok, I'm gonna need you to look into their history of work. From the moment they were open until now. Jimin, you're in charge of getting a sample of that cure they're making. I asked for it, but they are not giving it to me. I find that suspicios. Taehyung, I'll need you to do whatever you can to figure out the components in the cure. Everyone got it?'

We all nodded in agreement.

'Go on.' Namjoon nods at Yoongi, who had his hand up, wanting to ask something

'I'm not sure if I skipped it or not, but how are we supposed to get in? I doubt they'll have a free entrance. Those companies have crazy security systems.'

'Rain. That will be her job.'

Besides feeling all 5 of the other guys looking at me, I felt my breath get stuck in my throat. I couldn't decide if my blood was freezing or boiling.

'Before you throw a fit, listen.' He was talking calmly, trying to keep me calm. 'Her speciality is infiltration. If anyone can get us in, it's her. And I think she's been here long enough to get herself a job. She's more than capable. I already asked the rest of the guys, and they were more than happy about her joining.'

I might kill them all. I looked at them, and they all looked anywhere else but at me.
'Namjoon. I do not want her in this line of work.'

'She had been doing this for longer than some of us. And she did it alone. We go in as a group while she goes in all alone. Every single time. This time, she's got support from all of us. She is not in danger like she used to be. And it's not up to us, or even you, to decide what she can and can't do. It's her choice.'

'I don't care. I'll leave this place and take her with me if need be. I'm not putting her back into the shit she just got out of. Not a chance.'

'Let me make myself clear.' He leaned on his elbows closer to me. 'I only told you this as a curtesy because you're family, and I didn't want to do this in front of her. I am going to ask her this anyway, I just thought you might wanna know about it before I do so. What she decides, it's her choice. I do not want a single beep from you when I bring her up. I do not want you meddling into it. Her choice.'

I had to bite my tongue not to curse him in every language I know.
'Why are you doing this to me?' I managed to keep myself somewhat calm. 'Why are you so adamant about putting her into this? What part of I don't want her hurt do you not understand?'

'Do you not see how bored she is sitting around? She hasn't done a thing in months. All she does is train and sleep. She's gonna go out of her mind.'

'And you think the only way out is to turn her into a mercenary?' I raise my eyebrow. 'Out of all the possible things?'

'Then tell me, what else can she do?' He leans back. 'You were raised the same way. Can you tell me what else can you do besides this?'

'Don't throw that at me. You know damn well that's not fair.' He is purposely making a point that I can't argue. There's not a single other thing I could do after being in this. Anything normal seems abnormal.

'I'm only asking for a new way out. If you can think of a single thing that she can do, I'm all ears.'

I couldn't give him a single answer. I know she can't just go and live a normal life. She acted as a waitress for a few months and hated every second of it. And that is a normal at it gets.

'Can I bring her up now? And can you promise not to meddle?' He asks again

I didn't say a thing. I just glared at him. I already know her answer.

'Jungkook, do you mind?' He asks him, and he nods. I noticed Jungkook glancing at me for a moment before getting up and leaving.

'Sup?' She was all smiles as she came upstairs, but then she picked up on the atmosphere. 'What's going on? Is everything okay?' She was looking around, trying to figure out

'Nothing is wrong at all. Quite the opposite.' Namjoon smiled. 'I was wondering about something.'

'I haven't stolen anything if you're looking for it.' She raised both hands in defence, making them laugh

'No, no. I haven't lost anything.' Namjoon chuckled. 'I have a question for you. A simple yes or a no.'

'Umm.. kay?' She was understandably confused

'Do you want to work with us?'

She froze at the question, her eyes landing straight at me. I looked away just so I didn't have to see the look on her face. The only reason she hasn't said yes the same second he asked is because I'm here. She knows I don't want her in this.

'Don't look at him. This is your decision. Nothing to do with him. If you want to work, say yes. If you don't, say no. No one is forcing you.' He was smiling at her, letting her know that either of the decisions were fine

'What would I need to do?' She asked quietly

'With your skillset, you can do pretty much whatever we do, but I thought your infiltration skills might be of good use. And no, you don't need to seduce anyone unless you find it necessary.' He chuckled a little, just joking, but I find it as funny as a funeral

'Jimin-'

'It's up to you.' I might have sounded a bit cold, but I just don't want a hair to be missing from her head

She thought about it for a good minute, but I know damn well she's only trying to keep me happy. But then she won't be. Fuck this shit life.

'Yes.' She barely made the word, looking down at her hands. My heart sunk in a second. Maybe I hoped a bit too much for that answer to be a no.

'Lovely. That's settled then. Welcome to the team. Officially.' He grins, and the rest of them started cheering her on and applauding

'Thanks.' She bowed a little, still avoiding looking at me.

'Go get changed and showered. When you're done, I'll walk you through everything.'

'Okay.' She basically ran off

'Out with it. Whatever it is that you're thinking.' Namjoon sighs

'Thank you.' He got surprised because he didn't expect that. But then again, I wasn't done. I pushed myself away from the table. 'Thank you for putting the only thing I love in this world in danger.' I got up from the table, slamming the chair into it. 'She loses a hair, you lose your heads.'

I walked away, leaving him with that baffled look on his face, along with the rest of them.

I should have ran away with her when I had the chance.