129

I knocked twice, purely to let him know that I was coming in, and to get his attention, and then just walked in.
I watched the colour drain a bit from his face, and his hands completely stopped moving from whatever he was mixing up in front of him. He doesn't like me. Well, the feeling's mutual.

'Hello, doctor.' I greet him

'Rain.' He kind of pulled himself back, saying my name back to me

'No need to be so on the edge doctor. I'm not here to kill you.' I give him that fake smile as I pull a chair, sitting next to him. 'I'm just here to see how it's going.'

'I haven't gotten anything yet. This is not as easy as it seems.'

'I understand. You can't just magically figure out a way to fix someone's brain.' I keep smiling

'Precisely.' He nods, pushing his glasses a bit more up his nose

'But you can mess it up in the first place, right?' I lean my head a bit to the side, watching him as he went silent, gulping down slowly. 'What? Did I say something wrong?' I play dumb, but he just keeps benig quiet.
'Can you tell me, doctor, how did you even find my father?'

'He found me. I don't know how.' This seems to be true

'I see. And what lovely deal did he get you so you would do this?'

Another silence.

'I see. Threatened you, didn't he?' All I got in return is a scared half-nod
'What could possibly scare you, doctor? You don't have any family or anyone to be afraid for but yourself. Is your life or research that important to you?'

'I have my reasons.' He argues, answering vaguely

'3 reasons. Don't you?' I smile, raising my hand to count with my fingers. 'Reason number one. Arusa. Reason number two, Kochou. Third reason, Silbuni.' I named each of them slowly, pausing between each name

I watched his face as he stopped breathing, then he turned almost white, then blue. His eyes were ready to pop out of his head.

'Sorry, did I get the order mixed up?' I mock. 'Apologies. I just figured your youngest would be the priority seeing how she's only 13. Or is it your oldest one? Or is it your wife?'

'Did you think I wouldn't find out?' I spoke in Japanese, just to let him know that he can't hide it, and he almost fell off his chair, but I think I'll switch back to Korean. I can only guess the guys are listening
'Tell me, Youchuro, does your family like the house my father bought them?'

It's like I'm talking to myself. He is just dead in there. I guess he cares about his family a lot more than he lets on.

'You do realize he only bought that house so he can keep an eye on them and know where they are at all times?' Isui doesn't have a single hair on his body that exhudes any good. Everything he does is for his own benefit.

Surprisingly, he nodded. 'If I didn't do what he asked, he would have killed them.'

'I figured.' I sigh, getting up from the chair, walkin around the room, looking at all sorts of liquids and viles he has around.
'I'm afraid I'm not my father, Youchuro. I'm not going to kill your family.' I turned to look at him, and he was just looking at me, afraid of the words coming out of my mouth. 'I will only make it so all of them, and you, wish they were never born.'

'I'm doing my best...' He barely whispered

'See, I don't think you are.' I click my tongue. 'But I'm sure I can help you do better. I was always good at science. Especially with liquids. Acids in particular.' I smile. 'I did have my fair share of experimenting, and I gotta say, I love what hydrochloric acid does to a human body.'