23

'Morning, guys.' I greeted them like I did every morning, sitting down at the table. All of them today, huh. I noticed Jimin glanced at me but quickly looked back down at his plate

'Feeling better?' Jungkook asks

'Yup. Slept it off. All good.' I smile

'Good. You'll have someone bring you clothes for the ball later. Take your picks and such. If you don't like any, let me know.' Namjoon smiles at me

'Do I really have to go?' I sigh

'I made myself clear. You're going.' Namjoon got a bit stern, so I took that as a cue to shut up

I kind of hurried through eating just to go back into my room. I didn't come out even when whoever Namjoon hired came over.
It was 2 people with a little portable store with them. All the things they brought were high brands, expensive. I chose a black dress that I thought would suit me best, but I just wanted to get it over with, so I didn't much care about it anyway. I wanted to be in peace.

Or not.

It was maybe 8 in the evening when Jimin barged into my room without so much as knocking. He opened the door and just stood there, glaring at me.

'Let's go.'

'Yes. You may come in.' I tell him sarcastically, making him roll his eyes

'Are you coming or not?'

'Coming where?' I ask

'Out of here. I'm not asking again.'

'Wait, you mean out out? Like out of the house?' I got off the bed, getting a bit too excited

He just nodded.

I almost ran over to him, feeling a smile on my face growing. 'Are you being serious? You're not messing with me?'

'If you're not going, I'm leaving on my own.' He turned towards the door, but I grabbed him, pulling him a little

'NO! I'm going!'

'I leave in 5 minutes. With or without you.' He said and left, closing the doors behind him

Oh my god! Oh my god! I'm going out!

I've never gotten ready faster in my life. I have absolutely no idea where we're going, but I'll happily go. I put on jeans and a sweatshirt that he gave me when I first came here. It was the first thing that I grabbed, and I couldn't care less. I ran downstairs so fast that I almost fell down the stairs, but I'm not missing my chance.

He was leaning onto the wall of the living room, spinning car keys around his finger. He heard me running, so he looked at me, then looked me up and down. 'Ready?'

'Where are we going? Are we going far? Is-'

'Another question and I'm not taking you anywhere.' He cut me off

'Sorry! Sorry! I won't utter another word!' I exclaim, pretending I'm zipping my lips

He just sighed deeply, moving from the wall. 'Somehow, I doubt that.'

'Just one more thing, and then I'm done.' I say, then throw myself at him, hugging him so tightly I might have squished his ribs, squealing with happiness. 'Thank you! Thank you!'

'Are you done?' He asks in his annoyed tone as he was just standing there, not hugging me back

'Mhm.' I nodded as I pulled away, grinning at him

'Fuck me...' he cursed, then turned around, walking away

I was so excited to get out through the front door alone. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes, feeling the fresh air.

'Are you a dog?'

'I haven't felt air in ages. Let me enjoy.' I argue

I guess I was slow behind him as I was just looking around, so he pulled me along, grabbing my forearm. 'We need to keep moving.'

I said I wouldn't annoy him, so I'm just gonna go along with it and hurry up. I ran a little to catch up to him as he took me into a garage of sorts. There must be about 15 cars in here, and all of them have tinted glass. He took a car that seemed like a pretty regular car you'd see out on the streets. I'm guessing he doesn't want to be noticed or seomething. Not that I care. I would go in a fucking kayak right now.

'What are you doing?' He asked me as I was trying to duck a little bit, hiding myself

'Well, last time when we were coming here you told me to hide.' I look at him

'I wouldn't have taken you out if I didn't make sure it's safe first. You're good. Relax.' 

'Oh, okay. Sorry.' I mumbled and sat up normally, looking out the window

We were driving for a long time, almost 3 hours. I was so excited to be out of that damn room, that I just kept looking through the window, shaking my leg a bit in excitement.

'I can't.' He sighs. 'Can you just talk?' 

'Huh? What?' He literally told me not to talk

'I am not used to you being so quiet and it's actually creeping me out.' 

By the look on his face, he was serious. But the way he said it with so much frustration in his voice was actually quite funny, so I couldn't help but laugh.

'Sorry. I was just trying not to annoy you so you wouldn't drop me midway or turn back.' 

'I used to enjoy silence, but your constant babbling that annoys the shit out of me is somehow strangely comforting.' 

I did not see that one coming. But I think I know why he's saying this.

'You dont need to pretend like you're okay with me being around. And you don't need to lie to me to make me feel better. You are a lot of things but you're not a liar, so don't become one.' I couldn't even look at him as I was saying it, so I looked down as I was fiddling with my hands

'It wasn't a lie. If you think you know me, then you should know that I do not care if I hurt someone's feelings. So if I say something, I mean it.' He responded, making me look up at him. He was just looking at the road ahead, one of his hands resting on the steering wheel with the other one on the gear stick.

'Which one is it then? Can you or can you not stand me?' I asked that way too quietly even for myself. I didn't even mean to ask, it just came out. I surprised even myself.

He seemed annoyed with the question, rolling his eyes a little with a low sigh. 

'Got it.' I took that as the fact that he can't, and left it alone. It still hurts.

'I didn't even say anything.' He replies

'You didn't have to. Your reaction was an answer enough.' I spoke quietly again. 'It's alright. At least you are honest.'

'Why does it matter anyway? You barely know me, and when all of this is over you'll never have to see me again.' 

'It matters to me.' I muttered under my breath, thinking he couldn't hear me, but he obviously heard me clearly

'It shouldn't. Rid yourself of stupid feelings and desires. It will make your life easier.'

'Some of us are human and don't have a switch for turning off emotions.' I argue

'That is a tough way to go through life.' He muttered. 'And we are here.'