𝒯𝐻𝐼𝑅𝒯𝒴-𝒮𝐼𝒳

My parents

My parents.

I can't believe I'm seeing them right now , they approach me but I step back so they stop in their track.
Fuck I wasn't prepare for this , I don't I'll ever be ready actually. I feel Alessandro hand on my back and instantly relax , I take a deep breath closing my eyes when I open them again they're still here looking at me shock written on their face.

I take my time to fully watch them , they look nothing like the monsters that used to make me so scared , I'd almost laughed if it weren' for hectic situation I'm in "you're okay" I look up at the handsome man beside and smile nodding "I think I am" his phone ring and he look at it sighing "go take it , I want to handle this on my own"

I give him a reassuring smile when he doesn't budge "just go" he kiss my forehead and step back.
"Cate I can't believe you are here why didn't you find us" my father chastise me but I held my chin up "aren't you the one who disowned me , so why would I ever look out for you ?"

"You foolish girl this is no way to talk to your father" my mother always his number one supporter
"It's fine dear , that isn't what matter th most for now , I see you were with the Guerrero son , that's good very good" he hum while his wife smile in triumph "why would that be any good"

"Since when do you ask question , now listen girl you have to marry him for us to return were we belong" I narrow my eyes at them but they really seem serious , after all these years without seeing me , they don't even try to ask me if everything is good for me , although it would've been hypocrite but at least they could've try to act like normal parent and not some money chaser scums.

I laughs shaking my head "you will never change will you ? If I ever marry Alessandro I'll make sure the contract you passed with him is completely null before tying myself to him , you'll be completely without the money you want so much"
"We already have nothing !"

I frown "what do you mean ?" From what I remembered they could've still be living decently with the money they had , and the numerous accords he had with certains companies "your dear Alessandro blacklisted us from everywhere because of what you did , it's your fault we barely have anything to eat , so you better repair what you did"

I now understood why they look this way , my father would've never wear something so ..... normal if I can say it like that and well my mother is not in some couture dress.

"I don't care if it's my fault or not you're in this state , you're have always shown me that neither of you cared about my well being so why should give a damn about you"

"This is the last time we're seeing each other , if you ever try to recontact me in any way I would take you to the police for harassment or maybe I'd tell Alessandro to deal with you , as you know he doesn't really care about following the law when it comes to getting rid of nuisances" I smile sweetly and turn around walking to the cashier.

I release a breath feeling proud of myself, I rejoin Alessandro in the parking lot , he's still on the phone and it's seem very important seeing how murderous his eyes are , his eyes land on me and they soften directly "I'll call you later but look into it" he hung up and help me putting the groceries in the car.