Meeting Lola's Family

As the college continued, so did my wonderful relationship with Lola

As the college continued, so did my wonderful relationship with Lola. She continued to watch me practice for the College X Games and I watch her rehearse for West Side Story. Soon the day the main College X Games competition arrived my team and I won our very first one. Not just that, but we became the very first team to ever win the championship in the history of Spoonerville College fair and square because the Gammas' first five wins before no longer counted ever since they were discovered of cheating ever since the beginning. And though I felt good about winning it and the trophy I won made me feel good, the one thing that helped me get through it (apart from the focusing part) was that Lola came to watch and cheer me on. I didn't think I could do it if she wasn't there. Though she said she would come, I wasn't fully expecting it - by that, I meant if she had other more important stuff to do than to watch me, I would have understood and I wouldn't be upset. But she did come to see me and I will always be grateful to her for that. In fact, before my team and I got ready for the main event, I knew she watched me because she bumped into me when I was on my way to change into my Team 99 gear and she wished me luck. To my surprise, she even gave me a kiss on the cheek. It was a 'good luck' kiss.

After my friends and I won the championship, we celebrated in The Bean Scene. We were relieved that PJ was okay after Bradley's unforgivable deed of blasting him away from the start line of the final task of the championship. He had a few bruises and aches, but nothing was broken and he a few bandages and plasters. My dad and his girlfriend Sylvia Marpole joined us in The Bean Scene, and so did PJ's beret girlfriend Lucy. To my surprise, even Lola came to the place and she came to congratulate us. PJ, Bobby and Lucy knew her already, but my dad and Syliva didn't, so I introduced her to them and she stayed for a cup of coffee.

After we had our chats about that day's successful win along with other things, Lola told me that she was going to back to her family in Toldeo next Friday to celebrate her grandparents' golden wedding anniversary the weekend and she invited me to accompany her. Then I remembered that she did watch me win my first historical College X Games so I felt I owe her a favor and I accepted her invitation.

Lola and I took a train on the Friday night to Toledo after our college lectures. Though I felt good about doing Lola a huge favor after she watched me win my first College X Games, I was worried about meeting her family for the first time and I was worried about making a huge first impression to them for her. Lola told me more about them and that I had nothing to worry about. Though I was grateful she did, I was still nervous about meeting them. To take my mind off worrying, I suggested rehearsing West Side Story with her, which she agreed to. She did her lines and lyrics for Maria while I did Tony's lines and lyrics. I remember telling me that this rehearsal we did on the train really helped her and that she was really impressed with me doing Tony's lines and lyrics. In fact, she was so impressed that she told me that I should play Tony instead of the actor student playing him, which I took that as a massive compliment.

Then the train stopped at Toldeo Train Station and there to greet us was Lola's mother Francine, who was fifty, had grey hair and wore blue glasses and Lola's youngest sister Barbara-Lynn, who was fourteen and was into punk rock, judging by the clothes she wore and her hairstyle. They hugged Lola the moment they saw her. When they saw me, I offered to shake hands with them, but Francine just immediately hugged me as if I was already family. Barbara-Lynn didn't hug me, but she gave me a high-five, which was cool. Then we got in Francine's blue posh car and she drove us to the house Lola's family lived in. On the way, Francine asked Lola a lot of questions. I didn't say anything unless I was spoken to, which I wasn't, because I was still trying to make a good impression.

When I arrived at their house, which was just outside the city of Toldeo, I couldn't believe how incredible it looked. It was a mansion and it was so massive and beautiful. And I was impressed with what I saw when Lola gave me the tour. I still remember their vast and peaceful sitting room, the massive kitchen that could cook for a gourmet restaurant, the gym that was big enough to squeeze all the professional athletes in the world for them to do their workouts and their giant garages that looked after their two very expensive cars. And their garden was vast and beautiful enough to be a park. There were plenty of trees, bushes, flowers, a swimming pool and a hot tub.

Then I met the rest of Lola's family. I met her other sisters, Joanna and Kiera. Joanna was the second oldest and she was very into gardening and Kiera was the second youngest and very into fashion. They were both very nice and friendly when Lola introduced me to them. Then I met Lola's dad, Jonathan. Unlike Francine, who was very chilled and happy, Jonathan was more uptight and serious than her, but he was still more friendly and keen to know more about me than my first girlfriend Roxanne's dad ever was to me.

Then we had a delicious vegetarian lasagne dinner with garlic bread that Francine made herself. The whole family asked me questions about me and my life. Some I answered myself and some Lola answered for me, but they were all very impressed with the answers. They were very impressed with me when Lola told them I was the young guy who danced with the real Powerline in his most famous concert in Summer 1995. They were all big fans of Powerline and they immediately asked a lot of questions, like 'What was Powerline like?' and 'What was it like dancing with him?' among them. They asked me more questions than I could answer them, but I was glad I was making a good impression. Then Lola's family told me all about themselves and their lives, their hobbies, their jobs or their lives at school. They were all very interesting stories to hear. Then after some delicious homemade cake that Francine baked herself, it was time for bed because Lola's grandparents' golden anniversary party started early tomorrow.

I slept in Lola's room because there were no spare rooms for guests and the rest of the family had them all. I didn't mind being in her room; it was actually a very cool one. It had a beautiful big bed, a lovely makeup table and plenty of closets full of clothes.

"Are you sure you're comfortable on the air bed, Max?" Lola asked me, as she came back into her room. She was wearing a pink dressing gown.

"Oh, yeah, it's really nice and comfy." And it was. "Thank you for this air bed. And, once again, thanks for inviting me to come up with you, Lola. Your family are lovely."

"And thank you, Max, for accepting my invitation." Then she took off her dressing gown and revealed her sexy pink nightie before she got into her bed. "Good night, Max."

"Goodnight, Lola."

Then we went to sleep.