My Fourth College Girlfriend - Mona

(Mona, my fourth college girlfriend)

But, after my very brief relationship (or whatever you want to call it) with Annie, I very soon started another relationship with another lady. I met her on the day when I did my very last College X Games championship ever. At first, it was a sad day because not only was it the last one I ever did, but it was the only one in my College X Games career that I didn't finish at all. It was all my fault, though. My team and I were very close to winning it, but when we did the skateboard ramps part, I was going too fast that I skateboarded off the ramps and hurt my right foot very painfully after I crashed. I told my teammates, Matthew and Bernard, to keep going and finish the games when they saw me in pain.

I was immediately taken to the college hospital to have my foot checked. I was checked by two doctors. One was a male professional doctor of the hospital and the other was a female medical student with short brunette hair who was training to be a doctor. The medical student was the one who checked my foot and she declared it sprained and the grade two type of sprain. The professional doctor checked my foot and he agreed with everything the medial student said. Even though my foot still hurt very much, I was just very relieved that it wasn't worse than a sprain like my leg being broken or anything like that. Then he told her to bandage my foot up while he told me to keep it bandaged up, take it off to put ice on it and elevate it up whenever I can while I rested it.

Then I was allowed to leave the hospital. I was greeted by my dad and Sylvia at the entrance. They were all worried about me, but I told them what the doctors told me and they relaxed more.

Then came my friends Matthew and Bernard to check on me and they were holding the College X Games trophy, meaning that our team have won. I was so proud of them and told them that they deserved it and they said it was all thanks to me coaching them and doing it with them. I may not have finished my very last championship, but at least my team won and I'm still happy to say that my College X Games career came to a satisfying conclusion.

That's what I meant by that day starting off as a very bad day, but it got better when I learned that my team had won the College X Games and little did I realize let alone see that another good thing happened that day.

About a week later, one day after my morning lessons, I was sitting outside on a park bench and having my lunch, while resting and elevating my foot. At first, I found the whole thing was very frustrating. It wasn't just frustrating physically, like trying to get around the college to get to my classes on a bad foot, but also frustrating mentally that I couldn't do any more of the awesome sports, which was my most favorite parts I enjoyed doing at the college the most. However, during this very tough time, good things still happened, for example I was able to keep up with college classes and revise for my exams, I could still attend rehearsals for Chicago and, even though I couldn't physically do the sports, I could still coach people to do them, wherever it was at the gym, the College X Games, the football games or the College Water Sports among them and I coached more than just Matthew and Bernard. And because I was doing what I was told by the doctors, my foot was getting better... slowly but surely.

Also, during my recovery, I received many 'Get Well Soon' cards from many of my family and friends, including PJ, Lucy, Bobby, Stacey, Lauren, all of their kids, Peg and Pistol among them, which I was very grateful to receive them.

"Glad to see you're looking after your foot properly."

I turned and saw the medical student standing above me.

"Oh, hi," I greeted.

"Is the whole bench taken?" the lady asked.

"No," I replied. "Make yourself comfortable."

So she sat on the bench next to me. "So may I ask how's your foot doing?"

I didn't lie to her. I told her the whole truth about everything, which was my foot was getting better and I was doing everything she told me and my life still continued to do everything I did in college, except doing the sports bit.

"Well, that's good to hear," the medical student said. "You're Max Goof, aren't you? The College Legend?"

"That's me."

"Well, if you keep on looking after your foot, it will be itself as soon as it can. I know you can do it because I've seen you do a lot of incredible stuff like all the College X Games you took part in, when you starred in West Side Storyand Starlight Express, when you played in those football games and when you practiced those water sports for the College Water Sports Competition."

"You saw me do all that stuff?"

"Yeah. And you were always amazing to watch."

"Thanks... Miss..."

"Mona."

"Thanks, Mona. And thanks for everything you've done for my foot."

"My pleasure. Well, see you later, Max."

"Bye, Mona."

Soon, four weeks had passed and Mona and the same doctor who supervised her checked my foot and they told me that I didn't need to wear the bandage or elevate it or put ice on it anymore, but they still advised me not to do any sports for another four weeks to be on the safe side. Because I was in no way a doctor at all, I decided to listen to them. But while I continued to take good care of my foot, I kept up with my college work, I kept with my rehearsals for Chicago and I kept up coaching people for every sports this college had to offer. The Head of the College Sports Department saw me coach the teams and because I was doing them so well and even better than all the coaches put together and helping the college win so many matches, they decided to offer me a job as Assistant Head of the College Sports Department. That would mean supervising every college teams and come up with new ideas to improve the facilities to help them and new ideas to bring new sports to the college and talk to the coaches and players of each sports team and the pay sounded good, so I accepted the job and I would start after the summer break.

And I did Chicago for a full week and like West Side Story and Starlight Express all the seats were sold and it was a hit. And yet again critics awarded me for Best Leading Actor Award in A College Theatre Production for a third time. And once again I was grateful that my dad, Sylvia, Matthew, Bernard and the rest of my college friends watched me play Billy Flynn when they came to see me. One night I thought I could recognize Mona watching me.