My Second College Girlfriend - Sasha

(My second college girlfriend, Sasha)

PJ, Bobby and I were looking forward to starting our second year at Spoonerville College. We couldn't wait to find out what opportunities were waiting in store for us that year. A few things that we knew was that we couldn't wait to do more College X Games again and PJ was still in his very happy and wonderful relationship with his girlfriend Lucy. During the summer, Lucy even met PJ's parents, Pete and Peg, though not together but separated, and his sister Pistol. All of them liked her and thought PJ chose a very good girlfriend, surprisingly even Pete, who very rarely praised his own son for anything in his life. PJ met Lucy's family as well and he told me and Bobby that poetry, dancing and berets ran in her family. Another thing we knew was that my dad would still be here at college, but not as a student like last year. This time he was a member of staff and his job was a janitor. And we also knew that he was still dating Sylvia.

My best friends and I arrived two days before the first day of our second college year started to get settled back into our dorm room and check out our lecture schedules and even start to practice for this year's College X Games championships. After unpacking our bags into our dorm room and collecting our college lecture schedules, I decided to go to the skateboarding ramps and start to practice. My friends told me that they would meet me there later after they took care of a few things.

As I made my way to the skateboarding ramps, they were filled with other skateboarders using them, so I couldn't use them yet. They looked like they were practicing to enter the latest College X Games championship. As I watched them while I waited for one of them to clear a ramp so I could have my turn, I thought they were very good. So good that I was worried if I wouldn't stand a chance if they got into the College X Games, but I've played many sports during my life to know all sports is about competition and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. At least, these guys were practicing on the ramps and weren't cheating like the Gammas did.

I watched everyone practice on the ramps, but there was one specific skateboarder that kept catching my attention on one. As I got closer to it, I noticed that the person on the ramp wasn't a guy; it was a lady. As I got closer, I noticed her more. It was a lady with short blonde hair and she usually wore a blue bra, black or grey shorts and sandals. She was wearing her blue bra, black shorts and white trainers. I never knew her name and I never spoke to her, but I recognized her because she saw a lot of people skateboarding at college last year, whether it was me and my team or Bradley Uppercrust III and the Gammas.

The more I waited and watched the lady skateboarding, the more amazed I was by her skateboarding skills. I knew I was good and I had met and admired many awesome skateboarders, both male and female, in my life, but I had never seen skateboarding from this lady before. She was very good. It made me think that I could use someone like her on my team, if the college allowed female students to take part in the College X Games champions instead of just male students.

The lady didn't stop until she saw me. She was on the left top of the ramp. "I'm sorry, Max. I didn't know you were there."

I was surprised that she knew my name. Then I remembered everyone knew me then, especially since my best friends and I became the first team to not only win the College X Games fair and square, but the first team to win two championships.

The lady skateboarded down and then got off her skateboard and off the ramp. "It's all yours now."

"No, it's okay, Miss..."

"Sasha. Sasha Collins."

"You don't have to go, Sasha. In fact, I enjoyed watching you."

"Really?"

"Yeah, you were amazing," I said. "Really incredible."

"Thanks, Max."

"How long have you been skateboarding?"

She told me that she had been skateboarding ever since she was five years old and had continued to do so. It was her most favorite hobby in the whole world. But her passion grew only more after my team and I defeated the Gammas and we won our second one last year. Then she told me that she would have loved to take part in the College X Games, but she would be able to take part in a championship, even if the college had one for females, let alone allowed a female to take part in the male-dominated games.

That gave me an idea. "Hey, Sasha. How would you like to train with me?"

"Really, Max? You serious?"

"Yeah, I'm deadly serious. If you train with me and my team, you may have a chance of not only joining us for the next College X Games, but also for becoming the very first female student to take part in Spoonerville College history."

"You really believe I can do it?"

"I promise you that I wouldn't offer you this if I didn't see you and thought you were amazing."

"Oh, thanks, Max. I would be very grateful. But how are you going to persuade everyone, whether it's the people in charge of the College X Games or the audience that a woman like me can do College X Games like men?"

"We'll work something out, I promise you. But first we need to focus on your training. Now, I know that you're great with a skateboard, but, before my team and I can declare you an official member on our team, I need to know that if you can roller-skate and ride a bike as well. And I need physical proof of it."

"And I'm ready to show you right now, Coach."

I was surprised that Sasha called me coach. I never felt like a coach before, but I was honored that she called me that.

"Once I find a bike and a pair of rollerblades, I mean," Sasha said.

"And I know just the guys to help us. Follow me."

And we left the ramps before the skateboarders practicing on the ramps could come to me and ask me for my autograph or if they could join my team. It wasn't that I didn't want anyone else on my team or backup members. I remembered how lucky Bobby and I had my dad to join us after PJ got blasted away by Bradley Uppercrust III. The problem with choosing any of them was that you have to be very careful with who you choose because they can either make or break your team for good. I felt the same even when I decided to try and train Sasha. I kept thinking and worrying about if I was making the right decision. I'll let you know whether the decision I made was right or wrong in the next chapters.