Cruisin' in Greece

For the Summer Break of the new millennium, Charlotte and her family were going on a cruise to Greece for their vacation and they invited me to go with them

For the Summer Break of the new millennium, Charlotte and her family were going on a cruise to Greece for their vacation and they invited me to go with them. When I looked at where the places we would visit in Greece and what we would be experiencing if I joined them, I was amazed at what I saw, but it was the encouragements from Charlotte, her parents and my dad and Sylvia that helped me decide to go with them. Charlotte said that me going on the cruise with her would make her the happiest lady in the world and that it would a great reward for her for when she helped me help my friends move to their new towns and new apartments. Her parents encouraged me to join them by saying it was their way of thanking me for being so good to her and looking after her in college. My dad and Sylvia encouraged me to go on the cruise with Charlotte and her family by saying that I deserved it after completing two years of college and for helping my best friends move and to take my mind off them having to move away. For a long while, I was very upset that my friends had to move away. I knew that there would come a time when we wouldn't always be together like we were and they had their own paths to walk and I knew we would always be friends and keep in contact, but at the time it didn't make it less upsetting. After a few days of being upset about it and when everyone encouraged me to go on this cruise with Charlotte and her family, I decided that it was time to stop feeling sorry for myself and go with them, so I said yes. And the main reason I accepted was because Charlotte was going.

On the first day of the vacation, I said goodbye to my dad and Sylvia and flew with Charlotte and her parents from Spoonerville Airport and landed in Thessaloniki. We stayed at a nice, big three-star hotel for two nights. The first night we unpacked and had a delicious meal in the hotel's restaurant. The next day, after a delicious breakfast from the hotel, we went to explore Thessaloniki and we had an amazing time exploring the Archaeological Museum of Thessaloniki, the White Tower of Thessaloniki, the Museum of Byzantine Culture and the Rotunda among the many sights that we saw and all the delicious food we ate in a nice café for lunch and a big restaurant for dinner.

For both nights at the hotel, Charlotte and I had our own hotel room and her parents had their own room. I never been into their room so I can't really describe it, but I image that it was just as small yet nice as the one Charlotte and I had together. And even though we both had very fun but busy days and got very tired at night, Charlotte and I weren't too tired to have our special private fun in the double bed that we shared.

The next day, we continued to explore more of Thessaloniki before we checked out the hotel and boarded the cruise that afternoon. Like the hotel we stayed in Thessaloniki, Charlotte and I shared a cabin while her parents had their own cabin. Our cabin was small, but it was perfect enough for me and Charlotte. We had a cozy double bed, a big TV, a nice bathroom and a large window to see everything going on outside.

After Charlotte, her family and I went through the safety drill with crew, we watched the cruise sail away from Thessaloniki and then we had delicious food in the cruise's big restaurant and then Charlotte and I went to our cabins very early and Charlotte and I had our special fun in bed.

The next day, Charlotte, her family and I went to Larissa. We had a very fun day seeing many incredible sights, including the Archeo Theatro Larisas, the Diachronic Museum of Larissa, the Kalipso Waterfall, the Larissa Ancient Ruins and the Hippocrates Monument among them. And we had a lovely lunch at a small Greek café and when we went back to the cruise we went to the big restaurant again and have another delicious meal. Then we all went to the cruise to the cruise theatre to see the musical Fiddler on the Roof, which we both enjoyed.

The next day, we had a day at sea. After breakfast from the buffet, Charlotte and I explored more of the cruise. In the morning, we tried out the gym, the big swimming pool, the water slides and the hot tubs around them. In the afternoon, after lunch from the buffet, Charlotte and I attended a glass making demonstration. In the evening, after dinner from the big restaurant, we along with Charlotte's parents went to see a comedy show which we both enjoyed and found very hilarious.

For the next two days, we were in Athens. For the first day in Athens, we went and saw amazing sights like Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Panathenaic Stadium and the Temple of Hephaestus. For the second days in Athens, we went to see more amazing sights like the Ancient Agora of Athens, the Erechtheion and the Herod Atticus Odeon before the cruise set off.

The next day, the cruise took us to Crete and we saw the Heraklion Archaeological Museum and the Palace of Knossos before we spent the rest of the day at Elafonissi Beach. While Charlotte's parents just chilled on the beach, she and I had an awesome time doing some water sports, which included surfing, water-skiing, wakeboarding and jet-skiing.

The next day was a day at sea. Like the day at sea before, after breakfast, Charlotte and I did the gym, the swimming pool, the slides and the hot tubs. What we did differently was after lunch we along with her parents had a game of mini golf on the mini golf course and then Mr. Sanders and I had a game of fencing while Charlotte and her mother went to the spa to use up their spa tickets and have a facial, a massage and a mud bath. After dinner, we saw an awesome movie on the big screen on the big deck. I still can't remember what the movie was called or what it was about, but I do remember Charlotte and I enjoying it and seeing it together.

The next two days, we were in Cyprus. On the first day, we visited the Kato Paphos Archaeological Park, the Tombs of the Kings, Kourion, Bellaspais Monastery and the Pafos Zoo. On the second day, we spent the whole day at Paphos Aphrodite Waterpark and had fun on all the slides, the wave pool the lazy river and enjoyed the delicious food for lunch before the cruise set off.

The next day was our last day at sea and the last night before the cruise voyage was over. Charlotte and I made the most out of it. We did the gym, the swimming pool, the slides and the hot tubs for the last time. Then after lunch, we had a game of laser tags. I've been doing laser tags for many years, but Charlotte, who never did it before, managed to beat me. Beginner's luck, I thought. Then after our last dinner of the cruise, there was a disco party, which Charlotte and I attended to and danced the night away.

For the last two days of the vacation, we were in Rhodes. We left the cruise and checked into a three-star hotel before we explored Rhodes and saw the Acropolis of Lindos, the Medieval City remains and the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes. Then the next day, we relaxed at WaterPark Faliraki before we went to Rhodes International Airport to catch our flight to Spoonerville.

After we landed in Spoonerville Airport and we collected our bags, Charlotte and her parents dropped me off at my house. I thanked them once again for a wonderful vacation and they thanked me once again for joining them. Charlotte and I told each how much being together made the vacation so much better and it was the best part of the entire vacation. Then we kissed each other on the lips and then I watched Charlotte and her parents drive away before I went into my house, said hi to my dad and Sylvia and told them all about my amazing vacation and gave them the gifts I bought for them.