Life Without Sasha

Like every breakup I've ever been through during my whole life, it took me a long while to get over the one with Sasha

Like every breakup I've ever been through during my whole life, it took me a long while to get over the one with Sasha. Even though it had only been more than half a year and it was my shortest-lived relationship I ever had with a girl and I knew that it wasn't her fault that she had to leave, it was still no less upsetting. I knew there were plenty of girls around the college, whether they be athletes I've been coaching for the next female College X Games or customers to the gym that I've been coaching as part of my job of being an assistant gym instructor, which included Sasha's teammates that helped her win the very first female College X Games (No, I'm not joking or exaggerating, they actually were flirting with me and asking me out on dates). Most of them would try to flirt with me or ask me out for a date, but I wasn't ready to try a new relationship yet. Even though I never forgot the fact that starting a new relationship with Sasha helped me get over my breakup with Lola, I still didn't feel ready and I thought it would unfair to the girl if I tried a new relationship with her when I didn't feel like it because I thought I would only take my misery and anger out on her.

The more my relationship with Sasha continued, the more I thought she was the one for me. I thought that when I was in my other relationships before her, but this time I really felt it because I felt like she was the one I had the most in common with, especially with our love and passion for sports. I thought that was why I was still upset with breaking up with her, even though it was the shortest-lived relationship I've ever had in my life.

I was also upset that we had to end our relationship just before the Spring Break trip to Cancun, Mexico, which I was really looking forward to spending it with Sasha a lot. After she left, I didn't feel like going to it. In the end, I did go with my best friends and my other college mates, but I still needed time to get over my breakup. The only reason I went with them, despite feeling sad, was because I never forget that my depression with my breakup with Lola caused a lot of trouble for my family and friends, so I decided to try harder to not let this breakup with Sasha upset me as much as the one with Lola did. And I was happy that my best friends were with their girlfriends – PJ with Lucy and Bobby with a lady called Darla, who was so much like Bobby – weird, funny, nice, supportive – she was like as if Bobby had a long-lost twin sister. But, at the same time, it made feel sad that I didn't have a girlfriend and left out, even though they never treated me like such. I couldn't see it at the time, but I was always lucky to have awesome friends like them to look out for me.

As I flew with my friends to Cancun, I received a letter from Sasha. I saved it for reading during the long flight. It read:

'Hi, Max.

How are you doing? Are you still enjoying college life?

I'm writing to let you know about that I've settled fine in my new college in Peoria and I'm really enjoying it. I'm studying the same majors and not only do I have my the same jobs of looking after the golf course and being a lifeguard at the swimming pool, but I've been promoted to both jobs. The same goes for the cheerleading team and the swimming team. Not only have I been able to join both teams, but I've been made captain of both and I'm continuing to lead them to more wins. I haven't had a chance yet to convince this college to allow a female College X Games here, but I won't give up.

But I was right about this college not having one thing that Spoonerville College still has – you. Sure, there are plenty of guys here and a lot of them are flirting with me or trying to ask me out on dates, but they are just not you. I still miss you and if I do get another boyfriend, I know he won't be exactly like you, but I do hope that he will very close.

I hope you are still enjoying your life in Spoonerville College and you are still having fun doing College X Games, whether you win or lose, and I hope you get another girlfriend, because you truly are a very special guy and you deserve all the happiness and success in the world. And, even though life goes on and we're going on different paths in life, I hope that you never forget me just like I will never ever forget you. Once again, best of luck in the future and thanks for all the great times at Spoonerville College.

Love, Sasha.'

Reading that letter did cheer me up a bit because, even though she moved on, I was glad Sasha hadn't forgotten me just like I hadn't forgotten about her. And we still remain good friends and keep in touch with each other, by phone calls, by letters, by emails and by social media to this day. She is head of sports at her college in Peoria and she has successfully managed to persuade that college to start female College X Games over there and they've managed to keep on doing it ever since. And she's happily married to a lovely, strong guy called Frederick who owns his gym company and they have two lovely girls called Elinor and Paula. I couldn't be prouder of her success or happier for her happy life.

After my college mates and I landed at Cancun International Airport, we grabbed our luggage and were driven by a big bus to the hotel we were staying at in Cancun. It was a nice, big, five-star hotel and I liked my hotel room a lot. It was big with a big bed, a big TV, a big bathroom and a small balcony outside my window with a lovely view of the beach called Playa Delfines. And I was also greeted by the owner and the manager of the hotel Panchito Pistoles, who is a friend of one of my dad's friends, Donald Duck.

Then after I unpacked, I decided to go and explore Cancun to get some fresh air and exercise and to help me unwind from the long plane journey and get my mind off about Sasha no longer with me. Exploring Cancun really did help me a lot. I didn't see a lot of it because I was saving most of the exploring with my friends and their girlfriends, but I was already getting into the Mexican spirit.

After a good hour of quick sight-seeing of Cancun, I decided to have a quick walk on Playa Delfines. As I walked on the lovely warm beach and had a little paddle in the sea, I felt the most relaxed I had in a very long time. I felt all my worries and sad feelings were finally gone. Then I got hit on the back of my head. I saw it was a volleyball.

"I'm so sorry, but can we have our volleyball back, please?"

"Yeah, no problem." Then I picked it up and was about to thrown it back to its owner when I stopped as I saw her coming to me. "Stacey?"