The Rest of my 2005 Mouseton Vacation

This amazing vacation had already exceeded my expectations, what with Roxanne coming back into my life and then having an amazing boat trip on Mouseton Lake the very next day, but it only continued to get better as it went on and it became one of ...

This amazing vacation had already exceeded my expectations, what with Roxanne coming back into my life and then having an amazing boat trip on Mouseton Lake the very next day, but it only continued to get better as it went on and it became one of the very best vacations of my whole life ever. I don't remember everything about this vacation, but I do remember the very best things about it.

I remember one day when we played tennis on the resort's tennis courts. Even though she never played it before, Roxanne gave it a go and she was coached by Sylvia. She didn't do very well, but she was glad that she gave it a go and that she was trying new things now she had more freedom and that she was doing it with me and my family. I was never very good at it and I'm still not, but I'm still glad I did it to spend time with my family and Roxanne. My dad was clumsy when playing, but he was still good at it in his own unique way. Sylvia was the best tennis player of all of us. When we saw her do it, she blew our minds and it made us wonder why she didn't become a professional tennis player as she was very talented at it. Because she was too young to try it, Hannah just watched us, but she enjoyed watching us doing it.

I remember the day Roxanne went for ATV training. Because she hadn't done it before, she had to be with the beginner's class. I accompanied her when she did it because she asked me to as I was a professional at it and she felt better if I was there. She did struggle a bit at first and she was better I was there to help her. But the more she practiced, the better she got at it and she didn't need me, but she still enjoyed doing it with me as much as I did it with her.

I remember the day when my family and Roxanne were very tired from having so much fun and they wanted a break, but I wasn't tired and I wasn't ready for a break, so I decided to rent a bike and go mountain biking in the Mouseton Mountains. It was very tough and challenging, but I always like things that always pushed me and got me out of my comfort zone and I still do to this day. When I finished, I was very tired but very proud of doing it and so was Roxanne and my family when I told them all about my adventures at dinner in the restaurant that night.

I remember the day my dad and Sylvia going to the resort's spa and because I wasn't bothered about spas (and I'm still not), I offered Roxanne my spa voucher so she could join my parents if she wanted to and she took it and she was very grateful I offered it to her. While they were having a good time at the spa, I looked after Hannah. I took her on a walk through Mouseton Forest and we looked at the trees, the lake and wood sculptures of animals. Then I took her to the resort's playground and I helped her have fun by pushing her on the baby swing and pushing her on the roundabout among the many things she tried. That was when I really felt I was bonding with my sister. Then we met up with my parents and Roxanne at the restaurant for dinner. I told them about the good times we had together and they told us how much they enjoyed the spa and the treatments they had including massages, facials and mud baths among them.

I remember the day when we went on a boat trip to Mouseton Sea and explore the Mouseton Reef. Because neither of them could swim, Roxanne volunteered to stay on the boat and look after Hannah, while my dad, wearing his green swim shorts, Sylvia, wearing her pink bikini and I, wearing my brown swim shorts, went to explore the Mouston Reef by scuba diving. We really enjoyed exploring the incredible reef and all its amazing marine life and we were very grateful to Roxanne for looking after Hannah when we did. She said it was the least she could do after I let her use my spa voucher.

I remember the day when my family, Roxanne and I left the resort and went to the nice, luxurious beach of Mouseton. It was Hannah's first day of the beach and she really enjoyed it going on donkey rides, digging holes in the sand and my family and I showing her how to build sandcastles for the first time. Roxanne didn't need to help me and my parents with her, but we were all very grateful she did. We all had a very enjoyable picnic lunch on the beach, which was burgers, fries, hotdogs and ice cream. Then after that, I decided to rent a surfboard and ride some big waves. My family and Roxanne were sunbathing on their beach mats, but they watched me as I rode the waves and they enjoyed seeing me.

I remember the day when Hannah turned three. Because it was her third birthday, we spent all day spending time with her and doing the activities she could do. When we went to have dinner, we told the waiter that her birthday and later for dessert he brought back a very special chocolate cake with three candles. We all sang happy birthday to her and Sylvia helped her blow out the candles and then we all had a slice of the cake, which was very delicious.

I remember on the day before we had to go back home, we went on a hike in the Mouseton Mountains. It was Hannah's first hike and it was also Roxanne's as well. As she never did it before, she found it tough, but at the same time she enjoyed it because she was trying another new thing.

When we reached halfway, I got out a picnic blanket from my bag and then we sat down on it and ate some of the food we took from the breakfast buffet.

I noticed that Roxanne was looking a little bit sad while we ate. "Is something wrong, Roxanne?"

Roxanne sighed. "Max, I'm having such a lovely time with you and your family. I'm just sad that it's going to be over and I'll have to leave you and I'll have nowhere to go and nothing to do."

Then I had an idea. "Well, why don't you come with me back to Spoonerville? You can stay at my place and then we can help find something to do, if you like."

"Max, are you sure that I won't be a –"

"Of course not," I said. "You have been great company for me and my family this vacation. You will be great company back in Spoonerville."

"And if that fails, Roxanne," Sylvia said, "if there's anything like a job or a house available in Big Sky, where we live, we'll let you know and you can come and live there with us if you like."

"Thank you all," Roxanne said. "Thank you all so much for your generosity and your very clever ideas."

Then we continued the hike.

I can't remember the rest of the days as well as the ones that I talked about in this chapter, but I remember no having no bad days on it at all. I can remember when we weren't doing any special activities, I would spend the days either skateboarding on the skateboard ramps, hitting the gym or doing laps in the big swimming pool. Roxanne didn't do any of those things with me, but she did sit and watch me do them or she would help my parents look after Hannah in the paddling pool or at the playground while I did them.