Break A Leg, Charlotte

As promised, on December 27th, I went to Charlotte's place and helped her and her parents pack her stuff and get herself ready to start her new life in New York

As promised, on December 27th, I went to Charlotte's place and helped her and her parents pack her stuff and get herself ready to start her new life in New York. Charlotte and her mother would put her stuff in carboard boxes and my job would be to help her dad carry them down the big stairs, out of their big house and into the cars – my car and Charlotte's parents' car. It was a tough and long job, but what motivated me the most to carry on doing the hard work was that I was spending time with Charlotte and helping her before she moved away. And she and her parents were very grateful that I was helping them. They even let me stayed for dinner, which was a homemade lasagne and garlic bread and chocolate cake for dessert. It was all delicious and we all earned it. Even though Charlotte wasn't moving until December 29th, they wanted to get the packing and in the car out of the way because tomorrow they were having a party for a few family members and friends to Charlotte to break a leg in New York. They invited me to come and I did.

On December 28th, I attended Charlotte's 'Break a Leg in New York' party as I promised I would. Even though I was going to go to New York with her and her parents to help her get settled into her new place, I was glad I attended because again I was spending as much time as I could with her and again Charlotte was very grateful that she was spending as much time with as she could with me as well. It was a great party; the buffet food was delicious that Charlotte and her parents cooked was very delicious, I got on with every other party guest and we all enjoyed the party games.

Then, on December 29th, I went with Charlotte and her parents to New York. Her parents went in their own car and I drove Charlotte in my car. Before I left my house, which was very early – seven o'clock in the morning – I said goodbye to my dad and Sylvia and wished them a happy new year in advance because I would be celebrating New Year's Day in New York with Charlotte and her parents. They wished me the same and they wished me the best of luck in my New York trip.

It was a long drive to New York, but we got there. We arrived at Charlotte's new apartment. It was in an apartment building and her apartment was very small, but it was perfect enough for her to start her life and it had everything she needed, like a small sitting room with a small kitchen at the back, a bathroom and two bedrooms. We were very tired from the driving, but we managed to bring all the cardboard boxes from our cars to her apartment and get the apartment ready for sleeping the night. Those jobs were all we had to do that day. We could leave unpacking the boxes for tomorrow which we did. We went to a nearby Italian restaurant and we ate delicious Italian food. I had a four-cheese pizza, Charlotte had spinach and ricotta cannelloni, her dad had a vegetable lasagne and her mom had red onion and goat's cheese tortellini. Then we went back to Charlotte's place. Her parents went into the guest room and Charlotte invited me to sleep with her in her bedroom and have sex. We weren't too tired to do it. In fact, it helped us both to relax.

On December 30th, after a good night's rest and some breakfast, we all got busy to get Charlotte's apartment ready. Not only did we unpack her stuff from the cardboard boxes, we cleaned it from top to bottom. It was a lot of hard work, but at the end of the day, we managed to get it ready for Charlotte to live in. Then we went to a nearby Indian restaurant and we ate delicious Indian food. We shared starters of onion bhajis, mushroom puri and garlic naan bread and I had a lamb Rogan Josh, Charlotte had a fish curry, Charlotte's dad had a chicken madras and a duck curry.

On December 31st, we all decided to have an explore in New York to wind down after the very busy days of helping Charlotte move to New York. We visited the Empire State Building, we visited the Statue of Liberty, we visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art, we visited a café for lunch and then we went to Broadway to see Stephen Sondheim's Merrily We Roll Along, which we all enjoyed. Then we went to a restaurant that served a lot of barbecue food, which we all enjoyed. Then we went to Times Square to join the people in New York to count down to the new year of 2001. When the new year arrived and we sang Auld Lang Syne with the people, we went back to Charlotte's place. Again, I slept with Charlotte in her bed and we had sex.

On the first day of the new year, Charlotte and I did very little apart from taking a walk in Central Park. After buying two burgers from a burger vendor for lunch, we sat and ate them on a park bench near the reservoir. I noticed she was looking at a bit sad.

"I'm just nervous, Max," Charlotte explained. "What if I don't do well with this ballet thing and moving here will be for nothing?"

"Well, those people from the New York Ballet Company who saw you in that competition last year wouldn't have invited you to join them if they thought you weren't good enough for them," I said. "Whether this will be a success or a failure, at least you can say you gave it your very best instead of not trying at all. Not everyone in life has the opportunity to do this and you're very brave and talented enough to even try this. And the fact you're nervous means that you're willing to work hard for your place with the New York Ballet Company and not just leave it to talent or luck. That's what arrogant people do and you are not one of them. And if this is a failure, I'm sure you can get a job in New York because you are one of the most beautiful, smartest, funniest and kindest ladies I've ever met in my life."

Charlotte smiled with happy tears coming out of my eyes. "Thanks, Max. I'm really going to miss you and not just because of your excellent motivating skills, but because you are one of the smartest, handsomest, funniest and kindest guys I've ever met. I know I've had many boyfriends before and have been in longer relationships than you, but none of them have been as special as you. You're the one I'll miss the most."

Charlotte's very kind words made me tear up happily too. "Thanks, Charlotte. And I'll miss you a lot."

Then we had a hug and a kiss as we continued to tear up happily. After that, we finished our walk in Central Park and headed back to Charlotte's apartment, which her mother cooked a delicious pot roast dinner and an apple pie for desert. Then we all went to bed and Charlotte and I once again had sex in her bed.

On January 2nd 2001, Charlotte and I woke up very early and, before we had an early breakfast because I had to leave before I hit the New York traffic, we had sex with each other for the last time. We were sad that this was going to be the last time we had sex with each other, but because we knew it was going to be the last time, we gave it our all and still enjoyed it regardless.

Then, after a delicious breakfast, the time came for me to say goodbye to Charlotte and head back to Spoonerville. She thanked me for all her help and for being the best boyfriend she ever had. I thanked her for being a wonderful girlfriend and for making my life at Spoonerville very enjoyable as it was, when she was both my girlfriend and one of my best college friends before that. Then we all wished each other well in the future, hugged each other one last time and gave each other one last kiss before I got in my car and drove back to Spoonerville.