Chapter 4: Baby Can You Meet Me Tonight In Detention

JACKSON

What. The. HELL. Just. Happened?!?! One second I am in the halls with Pam, next thing you know, we are swept away in a tidal wave of students rushing to the auditorium. I grab Pam's hand as I get pulled away. I mean hell, if I go down she's coming with me. When we get into the auditorium I yank Pam into a corner to prevent us being trampled. While we are being squished into the corner I play with her braid. She smiles at me and kisses me. She tastes like a mixture of pumpkin and chocolate. My face feels warm and I slide my hands down to her waist, pulling her closer. Suddenly everyone shuts up. We look up and see David and Exer. Damn why is he everywhere I look?!

I noticed as they last Exer looks at me. As I read his expression I realize something. He looks... scared? I am not gonna lie, I felt a pang of sympathy for him. Wait... did they find out about the magic?!? I look at Pam fearfully and judging her expression, she's thinking the same exact thing. I release Pam and she turns to look at the stage.

I hold my breath. The girl says something about Exer and David dating. What the hell? They can't be. But David is talking about how he HAD to kiss Exer, (🤨), and then everyone believes him and David storms out dragging Exer with him. Well you don't see that everyday. I look back at Pam and see Jolie walking up with Timothy.

"Hey guys, did you see that?" I say still a bit shocked. "Who didn't white boy?" Jolie says simply. Timothy wrung his hands. "Ken and I saw the whole thing Jack. They were getting pushed around by Ricky and Marty then they would not let them go, so the blonde boy whipped around and grabbed Exer and kissed him." I stared at Timothy and shrugged. "Speaking of Ken, where is he?"

EXER

David has never snapped at me like that, and I feel guilty. I know it was hours ago, but did I do something wrong? I hear footsteps running up behind me and turn to see an Asian boy with black hair and green strips, and he pales. "Hey, I saw you two at the front of the school. I wanna say that was very brave of you Twinkie." He grinned at David, who still seemed agaitated. "Oh hey! I remember you! You are Barbie's brother, huh?" He then proceeded to waltz on over to David, grab his hand, and kiss it.

 "Oh hey! I remember you! You are Barbie's brother, huh?" He then proceeded to waltz on over to David, grab his hand, and kiss it

Image from book

David recoiled his hand, his face flushed a tomato color. I stood swiftly in front of David. "Hey back off, get your own bo- best friend. Yeah best friend!" I stumbled my wording but he seemed to get the idea. The boy straightened up and then bowed quite elegantly. "Ken." The boy said. "What?!" I was very confused. "Ken good sir, my name is Ken," and as he straightened up he adjusted himself so he could see David behind me, and gave him a wink, saying "Hey Twinkie, tell Barbie I am still down to play dolls with her!" He flashed a grin, walked by us, and into a classroom.

David, still red in the face started grumbling about
b

oys and Brenda. As I looked around for detention, I realized it was the room the boy, I mean Ken walked in. When David and I walked in we saw this. A red headed boy sitting on the teachers desk, holding a lollipop and chatting with a pretty girl called Jolie who was my boss's daughter. Then I saw Ken sitting on a desk making what appeared to be a puppet. All three kids looked up when they saw us.

"You!" Said David and Ken pointing at each other.

Images are from JD and 80s SM show. I edited them together

I glanced around and shimmied over to the nearest desk and sat in it. Once David was done pointing, he sat on my desk. I adjusted myself and looked at Jolie and the boy and gave a little wave. David was rolling a huge paper ball and was using it to do football practice. He had gotten up and was practicing his throwing skills. Jolie walked over, introduced the boy called Timothy and she asked why we were in here.

I explained the story and she snickered. "Well you got one up on Wendy, good for you!" Timothy was drawing in a sketchbook. "What are you drawing?" I asked him curious. "Well it could be better..." he stated quietly while showing me a top notch picture of a girl with wings and magic. "She's beautiful! Who is it?" He pointed at Jolie. It did look like her now that he thought about it. Timothy explained he was drawing themselves as superheros. He showed me one of Ken, who had a dragon scale textured super suit and he was hanging upside down. He then showed me a picture of himself, and his power was from his drawing.

"They all represent our own, real life super powers! Mine is drawing, so much more can be said from a picture thenwords. It is how I adress myself. Jolie's wings represent her confidence and leadership, after all she holds the group together. Ken's dragon scales represent his creative spirit, and him hanging upside down represents his humor. Oh wait, I have one more."

Timothy flipped the page to see a picture of Jackson holding a book with a page of a cat and green boy. "The diary represents Jackson's suffering and strength, showing the power of his written words. Those pictures are actually from his Diary. Cool huh?" As I looked closer, I realized something and my heart practically stopped.

"When did he draw those?" I asked in a shaky voice. "Oh when he was five." Said Ken, now upside down on his desk. I stared mortified at ge picture. And I recognized the book. I had seen Jackson carry it around. And if my hunch was right, it might have something to do with my magic. After all, on Halloween the box had crashed through the window and the book had shocked me.

I might have to take matters into my own hands...

© 2023, All Rights Reserved