Chapter 49: 🍓🔪

TRIGGER WARNING: WILLIAM, HOMOPHOBIA, VIOLENCE, BLOOD. YIKES.
EXER
Dad sat in-between us on the couch, and everyone was happily silent. I leaned my head on Dad's shoulder and he gave me a squeeze. Suddenly, a rapid knock came from the door. Outside, was the voice of William Miller. Dad's eyes flickered open in shock and he bounced up and went to the door.

"Exer, hide David!"
Dad hissed, so I took Day's hand and ran up the stairs with him. He had a look on his face, the mingle of horror and sadness I had seen on his face when we were in court. I looked around hurriedly, as I heard the door open and my father talking to Mr. Miller.

I needed a non obvious spot, but my anxiety was not having it. I could see green and sparks were flying out of my skin because of.the horror I was feeling. I felt David stiffen beside me, and I could feel his horrified eyes glued to the side of my head. I dragged Day to Dad's room and hid him behind some boxes in the closet.

"E-Exer, I see it..."
His voice shook, but I just gave him a confused look. Huh?
"The magic. I can't believe it's actually green."

I felt my eyes widen and I nodded in a "we'll talk later" way before shutting the door and barreling down the stairs. Dad was standing at the doorframe, and he wasn't letting William in. He spotted me and thrust a finger in my direction.

"You. Where's David?!"

I swallowed and stepped forward.

"I don't know."
"Liar!"
"I swear I don't!"

And then he grabbed my shirt collar and yanked me forward roughly.

"You kissed him in court you fucking fairy, you'll know where he is-"

He was cut off by Lucy catapulting herself in a fit of rage towards him, and Dad yanking me away. His face darkened as he stepped in front of me.

"Do not ever grab my son."

He snarled, and made no effort to get the hissing Lucy off of William. The ginger was trying to grab her, but she was too fast. I heard footsteps behind me and looked around as I saw David emerge from the stairwell to grab Lucy off of his poor excuse for a father.

"Hey... Dad..."
David murmured quietly and he held out his arm, which William roughly took.

"So he was here!"
William snapped, a cruel sneer growing in his face.

"That's kidnapping you know, damn Harry, never thought you were one to stoop that low."

David opened his mouth to speak, but William shot him a glare.

"Day, why'd you come down here?!"

I exclaimed, reaching out for his hand, which William slapped away. David blinked and looked at his shoes.

"I'm sick of hiding."

William laughed at us, knowing we couldn't do anything. I reached out for David's hand and William glowered before punching me in the face. I could feel myself fall over and hit the ground with a thud. As I touched the side of my face, I saw Dad slam his fist into William's already crooked nose.

"Don't you DARE touch my son William!"

I heard Dad shout, before seeing him grab David and yank him inside before slamming the door in his face.