Chapter 24: Winter ❄️ Dancing

KEN
"THINK FAST!" I hurtled an icy snowball at Jackson's chest and it smashed onto his ruby flocked jacket. Jackson giggled and scooped up some snow, trying to make a snowball to get me back. His mishaped lump of snow flew by my left ear and I quickly tackled him.

It had turned to December, and it started snowing a week in. The town was beautiful and icy, and school was cancelled, which of course is a plus.

We stumbled into the snow, laughing. I landed on Jackson and quickly rolled off of him and into the snow. We both laughed and spoke about our icy battle. Jackson sat up and hugged me tight for a second thenhe pulled away.

"See, no one can resist the Ken." I chortled, mock wiking. Jackson snorted and threw some snow into my face. "No fair!" I wiped it off, and grinning evilly, I pushed Jackson's face into the snow. Just then I saw Brenda walk up in a cute snow outit. I blushed and let go of Jackson, trying to look cool, but Jackson popped up like a jack in the box and I got a face full of sleety snow.

I fell backwards, spitting the clumps of icy flakes ou of my mouth. I used my glove to wipe my face. I looked towards Brenda, who wasstill there, and the moment we made eye contact, she burst into giggles and skipped over.

"Ken, you have a little bit of ice on you." She giggled and her gloved hand brushed my face softly. She withdrew her hand and smiled. I felt my pale face go rosy red, but that was partially the cold. But mostly because of Brenda

Brenda glanced at Jack nervously. "May I hang out with you and Ken?" Brenda asked. Jackson smiled and nodded. "Sure!" He exclaimed, and when she looked at me happily, he winked from behind her back. I smiled.

"Eek!" Brenda squeaked when I grabbed her waist and pulled her onto my icy lap. I picked up some snow and pushed it onto her neck. She squealed, giggling. "How dare you sir!" She dove forward and en fell backwards into the snow. Brenda sprinkled snow on his face, hair, and neck.

Brenda grabbed a fistful of snow and grinned at Ken. I looked at her and realized. "Oh no. No no no!" Ken squealed like a stick pig as Brenda pushed the snowy clump into the front of his jacket.

"Cold, cold, cold!" I squeaked, hurriely wiping the snow out of my shirt. Brenda burst into giggles and looked at me when I sat back up. I glanced at her, and realized she was sitting on my legs. She followed my eyes and noticed. Brenda gave me an apologetic glanced and hopped off my lap.

Brenda stood up. "Come on you two, let's go skating!" She held her hands out and pulled me and Jackson into a standing position.
"Come on, Ex said the secret lake is frozen over!" She smiled and grabbed my hand, pulling me with her while Jack walked next to us. "There's a secret lake?!" I ask in confusion. How was I unaware of this?! God, I'm so stupid

When we got to the lake and pulled our skates on, I stared in awe at the snowy forest and the majestic lake of ice. I laced my skates up and wobbled before skating onto the ice. I zoomed across the ice, nd I playfully slid into Jack as Brenda threw a snowball at him.

 I zoomed across the ice, nd I playfully slid into Jack as Brenda threw a snowball at him