Chapter 23: I like you too...

BRENDA
"We're back! We're back! We're back!" I squealed, jumping up and down, after everyone came through. My pumpkin spice hair bounced as I hopped happily. Everyone was laughing and talking about what happened when they were stuck in time, but Exer and David weren't saying much because they didn't want to ruin the future. David kept sniffling however, muttering about David Bowie.

"You guys didn't interfere with the past, did you?" Exer asked skeptically once everyone quieted down. We looked at each other. "I don't think we did anything life-changing. Ken punched my dad, hence the bent nose he has nowadays." I explained nervously. Exer smiled. "Well, he deserved it." He muttered, crossing his arms.

David glanced at Ken and looked at his eyes. Ken looked at David, gave a small smile, and nodded. A huge grin spread across David's face. "You did that? Rad!" He mused, staring at Ken. Ken gave a thumbs up. Maybe now they wouldn't argue so much? Probably not.

"We talked to my mom." Jackson added sheepishly, and Exer stared at him. "No dude! You can NEVER talk to a family member! That is like the number two rule to time travel, the first being no saving people or warning them of impending doom!" Exer cried, smacking his own face.

"Well you didn't tell her about the future, right? Like you are her son? You wouldn't be that stupid." Exer breathed, but Jackson gave a half smile, looking awkward. "Well... About that..." Jackson twiddled his thumbs and avoided eye contact.

"You have GOT to be shitting me!" Exer wailed, grabbing his frizzy hair and tugging it in distress. David patted Exer on the shoulder comfortingly as the slightly shorter boy mumbled incoherent swears under his breath.

Jackson stopped smiling and looked pretty guilty. Exer sighed. "Well, we are all still here, everything looks the same in the town, we were there while you were still in the past. Everything should be okay, just don't do that ever again. Understand?" Exer glanced at Jackson, waiting for his response. Jackson nodded. So did the rest of them.

"Good. Now if you excuse me, I'm taking my bo- best friend and we are going on a long awaited outing." Exer quickly spewed and grabbed David's hand, and they walked out the door. Ken looked at everyone. "They are totally into each other." Ken smiled. Everyone stared at him and he shrugged nonchalantly. "We were all thinking it."

DAVID
"Where are we going?" I asked as Exer grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door, walking happily with me, holding my hand and leading me away. "It's a surprise!" He glanced back at me, smiling. We crossed the road and walked down the sidewalk. He pulled me into a building and bought two tickets.

When we entered, I realized it was a rollar rink! I laughed and smiled, hugging Exer. "Really Ex? This will be so fun!" He grinned proudly and walked over to the shoes. We borrowed two pairs. I slipped mine on with ease, and Exer struggled for a second, grunting in irritation before managing to pull them on.

I stood up happily, and Exer wobbled a little. We shimmied over to the rink, and I stepped in. Exer did too, and he immediately started slipping with a yelp. "David!" He squealed and grabbed my wrist as he desperately attempted to not fall over. He managed to stand straight up without slipping.

David started sliding along the floor smoothly, even skating backwards. Exer stared at him in shock as he desperately tried not to fall over while standing still, his feet going in different directions. When David came back over, Exer clawed desperately at his shirt.