Chapter 25: Will you?

EXER

"Okay Exer, you can do this." I mumbled to myself, pacing around my room. I took a deep breath. "Hey Day, are you a trophy? Because if I win your heart, you'd be my prize. Will you go to the dance with me?" I attempted, but sighed. "God that sucked... What is this, the seventies?! No I need something better."

I had been going at it for hours, trying to find the best way to ask my boyfriend to the winter dance. It was in a couple days, and I didn't want to screw my chances up. I flopped onto my bed with a sigh. How could I ask him? It had to be special, he was, IS so special to me.

I still remember the day we met, our first sleepover, first class together, first school project, hangout, first day of high school.
David was just so... irreplaceable. He was just something I needed in my life. After all, I was nothing, absolutely nothing without my gold-haired counterpart.

He was just so important, I had to get this just right. I sat up and walked over to my desk. I sat down and picked up my pencil. Crumpled paper littered the floor as I looked at the halfway done piece of paper with crossed out pick up lines.

I wrote one, but it wasn't good enough, so I crossed it out. Maybe I should give up. Or wing it. Maybe it'll come to me at the right time. I guess I'll have to give that a shot because it's taking too long for me to figure it out.

I imagined the dance. I imagined David. His angel hair, angel eyes, angel lips. Maybe we could leave the party for a bit. Walk around the hallways. Make out for a little longer than necessary... Maybe he could- WOAH DAMN. I slapped myself. "God Exer, let's not get ahead of ourselves!" I hissed under my breath. This shit was driving me insane.

Maybe those movies were right when they held things out for an extended period of time. Damn, I guess my life is just like a cheesy movie down at the video store. Maybe I could rent one, and invite David over to ask him? Maybe if I get a horror movie he'd cuddle up to me. But that isn't very romantic.

I stood up, sat on my bed, picked up my pillow, stuffed my face into it, and screamed. God, I suck at this!

KEN
"I really can't stay, baby it's cold outside. I've got to go away~" I looked at Brenda, and she finished with a beautifully toned, "Baby it's colddd outttsideee!" and flopped next to me on the couch, handing me a chipped mug of hot chocolate.

"Thanks Barbie! Thank you Mrs. Jackson's Family Person." I thanked Brenda and the woman. Jackson sighed in irritation but he couldn't help smirking.

Brenda and I had borrowed some of Jack's clothing, and I had a cozy sweater, sweatpants, and thick socks on. I was lying on their sofa. Brenda was sitting on the opposite arm of the couch in pretty much the same thing I was wearing, except she had a belt in her bag, and used it to 'cinch her waist' as she put it. Women are confusing.

I placed my cocoa on the coffee table and Brenda put hers down as well. Then to my utter surprise, she slid next to me on the couch, her back against the cushions. She laid down, head on my chest and arms around my waist, legs curled up.