Chapter 7: Milk and Cookies

TW: KIDNAPPING, VIOLENCE

EXER

I flew swiftly to the Miller house and banged on the door. A woman opened the door and smiled at me. "Is David home?!" I am panicking and staring at her. Her face droops with concern. "He went on a walk-" I didn't let her finish and ran away. I sped to my house, his mother's house, and I looked around the street, but he was nowhere to be seen.

DAVID

Ugh. My head hurts. I slowly sat up and blinked wearily. The chloroform was still there, and it made me sleepy, but I remembered where I was. I was in the back of a van, my hands and legs tied with heavy duty rope and my mouth duct taped. It was completely dark in the van other than two tiny windows letting in moonlight.

I managed to stand and hopped over to the window. The van was driving through the forest, and I couldn't see any other cars. I tried to undo the ropes but they were tied extremely tight.

I had to calm down. I breathed in, then out. I couldn't ram against the doors, or else I would fall out of the speeding vehicle and get hurt on the road. Suddenly, my eyes lit up with intelligence. I started to cry, letting the tears loosen the duct tape, and I bent my face down to my fingers, (which I could barely move) and I ripped the duct tape off.

I then stood with the duct tape and hopped over to the tiny window. After a couple failed attempts, I managed to wrap the tape around one of the tiny metal rods covering the window. The van appeared to be quite old, so within a couple of tugs, one of the metal rods came out the window.

I sat down and propped the rod up with my feet. I then used the pointy end to slice through the ropes on my hands. Success! I then picked up the rod and sliced through the ropes on my feet.

BRENDA

I was talking to Ronald on the phone, and we were discussing the top movies we've seen. "I think the Morning Gang is really good! It's about teenagers in detention who befriend each other."

"Brenda dear, would you get off the phone? That cute Exer boy is here. You two would be really sweet together!" My mother interupts. "Mom, he is not into me!" I snort and go downstairs.

"Exer whats- you okay?" I look nervously at Ex, he is very pale, shaking, and appears to be on the verge of tears. "Is. David. Here?" I shake my head no. "You guys were my last chance-" Exer's eyes tear up, and they flood down his cheeks. My eyes widen. "Come here Ex!" I grab his hand gently and lead him to the couch.

I rub his back. "David. He's gone. Someone took him. I know it. I FEEL it. Jackson. Diary. It has been done." Exer is trying to stem the flow of his tears, and fails. My mother is staring, horrified at Exer, her hand over her mouth. "Call the police. He is gone. He went on a walk, I checked every place he'd go, and he is not there. I know someone took him!"

My mother called the police and started to describe David tearfully. I could feel the world spinning around me, and I couldn't help crying too. I have Exer a hug, my face lying on his chest. He hugged me back trying to calm down.

DAVID
My limbs were free so I picked up the rod and started to make as much noise as possible. "Stop thrashing around!" A man shouted from the front seat. I continued to make as much noise as possible.

The man stopped the car and got out. He walked the back of the truck and started to unlock the door. I was ready to bolt the minute he opened the door. He opened it, surprised to see me free. I hurtled a rope at his face and started to run away. I could hear shouts behind me. I heard footsteps as the guy was catching up.

He grabbed my hair and threw me to the ground. I rolled onto my back and stabbed him in the thigh with the rod. "Ow! Oh damn you, come here mother fucker! He pinned me to the ground with his knees and slapped me. " You listen here little boy... I need to bring you to the boss alive. Keep this up and I'll bring you there half dead!o He then yanked the rod out of his leg, and stabbed me right through the eye.

"Aghhh! What the fuck?!" I couldn't see out of the eye and the guy yanked the rod out. I groaned in pain and he threw me back into the bus. Shit. I clamped my hands to my eye. I felt the sticky warm blood on my hand and was worried how I would look. I don't know what to do at this point.
The car jolts to a stop after ten minutes and I am dragged into a lab like place.

©2023, All Rights Reserved