Chapter 45: Lightweight

TRIGGER WARNING: DRUGS, MENTAL BREAKDOWN, HALLUCINATION, VOMITING
EXER
We were still lying down before I noticed David's appearance. His face looked sallow and although he was smiling, his eyes looked sad. I sat up and scooted off of him before pulling David upwards.

"David? You okay?"
I asked softly, head swimming with the amount of smoke in the room. Colors blurred together, and my voice sounded distant. Maybe this was a bad idea. I mean, I should have listened to the advice I gave Jackson on his first day of school.

David nodded blearily, mumbling about how he was fine. But as I thought about it, when we first came in, David had that same look in his now watery blue eyes. I stood up shakily and held out my hands for him, but when he stood he immediately fell over.

My head was spinning, the walls swimming in and out of my vision. I could see emerald waves of magic coursing through the air, and David look fearful.
"I see green."

"W-what do you mean you see green?"
"Around you, there's green mist."

I blinked and decided not to worry about that right now, because my anxiety was reaching my peak and David looked like he was about to be sick.

"Ken? Where's the bathroom?"
I asked quickly, looking at the other boy. He had apparently smoked quite a bit in his life because he was already sobering up.

"Oh shit, I didn't think about his weight!"
He exclaimed, bouncing up and grasping for a water bottle. He looked terrified. Partially because of David, and the rest because I could tell he was concerned that all the hard work we've done to have both groups be nice to each other would be pointless. Not to mention it was pretty obvious he loved Brenda.

Ken slid next to David in the floor, fumbled with the lid, and held out the bottle to David. David was shaking and used a lot of energy just to grab the bottle. Ken held the bottom and tipped the icy water into my best friend's mouth.

I was feeling extremely upset with myself, and although it kind of was Ken's fault for offering the weed, it was mainly on me for giving more than nessacairy to David.

David pushed the water away. It seemed like his eyes cleared up a little bit, but he went green and clasped a hand over his mouth.

"Ah shit!"
Ken hopped up and grabbed Day, hoisting him up.
"Shit, shit, shit! He had too much while losing weight and he's probably still upset about his dad!"
Ken exclaimed before kicking his bedroom door open and hauling David to the bathroom. He shoved the blonde onto the floor so he could be near the toilet. David immediately uncovered his mouth and hurled the second he put his head over the bowl. I sat next to him and rubbed his back.

Ken looked anxious, and opened his mouth to speak before immediately stopping when he saw the furious look on my face.
"What are the side effects?!"
I spat, angry at myself as I took it out on Ken. He bit his lip.

"Well, he did too much for his weight, so nausea, vomiting, and hallucinations."
"Just get out."

Ken nodded and wilted at my tone before shutting he bathroom door, and I could hear him telling Brenda that they should pick up and she should drink some water.

I sat next to David on the cold tile of Ken Okotama's bathroom, honestly something I'd never thought I'd do. David vomited for a few more minutes, and I rubbed his back gingerly. When he finally retracted his head and wiped his mouth on some toilet paper, I wrapped my arm around his shoulder and kissed him on the cheek gently.

David didn't hit me like he usually does when I try to kiss him there, which worried me.
"I'm all gross, don't kiss me Exer..."
He mumbled, barely audible before glancing at me with those sad eyes. I shook my head and smiled weakly.

"I don't care what you look like or how sick you are, I'll kiss my boyfriend when he isn't feeling good."
I cooed, twisting my fingers through his gold locks of soft waves. David went slightly pink against his sickly pale skin.

"Boyfriend?"
He asked, smiling slightly.
"Yeah, is that okay? Will you be my boyfriend-'
I started, smiling before feeling David use probably all his energy to throw his arms around my neck and kiss me. I kissed him back, however he didn't taste very good because he literally just hurled and smoked, so I pulled away pretty quick.

He lowered his head and leaned against my shoulder, breathing heavily. I wrapped my arms around the blonde and squeezed him tight. David and I sat like that for a while, I don't know how long, but it was nice. That was until the hallucinations started.

"Oh god! Exer, behind you!"
David yelped, scrambling away, still sitting. I looked behind me, but nothing was there. Well nothing other than an oil painting that probably cost over a hundred dollars. When I looked back at David however, tears were leaking from his eyes and he was shaking. David drew his knees up to his chest and covered his head.

"No Dad, I'm sorry, please stop,!"
He gasped, and flinched multiple times.
"I'm sorry! I'll be perfect! I won't date Exer anymore, please Dad, I love you! All I've wanted is your approval my whole life, you to say you are prouud of me. So please, stop!"
He begged, teary eyed and quivering.
He flinched again, and I assumed that was him thinking William was hitting him. I quickly rushed over and clasped David's hands, wrapping my arms around him.

"It isn't real David! He's not here! Breathe, okay?! In, Two... Three... Four... Out, two... Three... Four..."
I hastily whipped out my father's breathing maneuver and tried not to panic. I could see green sparks flitting around me. David shakily did the breathing exercise and squeezed his dewy eyes shut.

"Good job, are you okay?"
I spoke gently, practically in a whisper. He kept his eyes shut and nodded.
"Look at me..."
I slid my hand down the side of his face comfortingly. He opened his eyes and looked relieved that the hallucination was gone.

"Oh Ex!"
He breathed before hugging me tightly.
"I-I'm sorry! I just c-can't get that day off of my m-mind! I know I pretend to be o-okay, b-but I'm not!"
He burst into tears and squeezed me tighter.
I felt horrible guilt and sadness for David. He shouldn't have to feel this way. I just pressed him close and held him, and David sat there, shaking as I did so.

"Dad can talk to you when he gets back from his business trip, okay? Free of charge. Tell him everything."
"E-everything..?"
"...Yes."

©2024, All Rights Reserved

By me!