Chapter 11: Family Ties

EXER
As we stared at the picture on the desk, my eyes widened in shock. "Mom?" I said, but to my surprise, Jackson exclaimed the same thing. We looked at each other and the first thing Jackson said was: "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!" Jackson was screeching in my face and my eyes widened, and I took a step back. "EVERY TIME I DO, SAY, THINK ANYTHING YOU ARE THERE! LIKE LEAVE ME ALONE MAN!" Jackson was obviously freaked out, and he grabbed the picture and sat on the floor in a corner, vividly upset.

I looked at David and his eyes seemed to say, 'let's leave him alone for a bit, Jack obviously needs to think.' I nod, and look back at Jackson, "We are going to look around a bit, I'll let you think in here. Don't leave." Jackson didn't respond and I shimmied out of the slot-like door, then David got stuck again and I had to pull him out.

We started to walk around, and we soon realized, that after twenty minutes we couldn't find any more rooms.  "Well, I bet the computer room has something?" David started, it was a statement and a question, but I get what he means.
"Good idea Day, come on!"

As we were walking I was thinking about how Jack's mother was my mother, and how- wait. If Jackson's mother is MY mother, then would that make us brothers? Then everything clicked. Jackson can see my powers. Whatever he writes in a journal his mother bought him, actually happens. As I put two and two together, I hear "OH SH-" from David.

I whip around to see he fell through the floor. "You okay?!" I bellow down to him. "Dude you don't need to yell, I can hear you just fine by you talking!" I flushed and simply murmured "Oh."
"There's another lab down here! Maybe this one is the one with information!" David calls up, so I jump through the hole in the floor, bracing myself for impact, but David catches me.

"Than-" I started, but David kissed me. I could feel my cheeks heat up, and I could smell his hair. It kind of reminded me of a flower valley, and sun. He quite simply tastes warm. David pulled away, grinning at me deviously and I hopped into a standing position. "Thanks for catching and kissing me Day," I smile at him, my face still noticeably warm.

As we look around, I see the biggest television I have EVER seen. It was four times as big as mine! I could stretch my arms as far as I could, and just barely touch the side. I jealously thought of my tiny TV at home.

Image by  Back to 80s on Facebook and Exer pic from the book

Image by  Back to 80s on Facebook and Exer pic from the book. I edited it together.

As I glanced around some more I noticed some files. I flipped through them, and saw there was one for me, David, Jackson, Brenda, Pamela, Ronald and Dad. I picked up each file, and to my surprise, they weren't as full as I expected them to be.  I sighed and flipped to the final file. Jackson's file. I looked and it said he came from Portland, has pointy hair, optimistic, dislikes me, yada yada yada, but as I was about to put the file down, something caught my eye.

'Son number one, left the magic diary.' I flipped to my file and it said 'Son number two, experiment for son number one.' my eyes widened in shock, as I realized with a jolt, the whole reason my mother had me was so I could be a lab rat for Jackson. Hot tears stung the back of my eyes, but I blinked it away. "EXER WHERE IS JACKSON?!" I looked up and saw David staring at the cameras, and we realized with a jolt, Jackson was not in the office anymore...

That is the end of the chapter today, but I want to share something with you guys. I was reading 'The History of the Webtoon Jackson's Diary' by WISH THOUGHT (which is about the canvas for JD) and I saw this:

 I was reading 'The History of the Webtoon Jackson's Diary' by WISH THOUGHT (which is about the canvas for JD) and I saw this:

YES HAHAHA IT'S TRUE 🤣
KEN WAS ORIGINALLY A CHICK 🐥
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

YES HAHAHA IT'S TRUE 🤣KEN WAS ORIGINALLY A CHICK 🐥HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Image from book and chick from PNGWing. I edited them together.

Oh and thank you all so much for 590 reads, and #47! I want to give a special thanks to Alyx667, Josi3Krab, and AcadianEcho for reading this story, I  really appreciate it! Have a lovely day!

©2023, All Rights Reserved