Chapter 17: Don't Worry, Your Back in Good Old 1955. 1955?!

TW: DEATH (lol just pulling your leg.)

BRENDA

"Barbie! Barbie! Bre? Brenda!!! Don't die on me!" Those were the words I heard as I blearily opened my eyes and sat up. I saw Ken sitting on his knees next to me, and he looked relieved. "Oh good, you didn't die!" He sighed with relief and stood up.

Ken held out his hand to help me up, but when I stood up, I fell over again and Ken caught me. I looked down at my orange soda-pop colored heels and saw one of the heels broke. "Aww, damn it!" I whimpered. I had just bought those shoes! Ken sat me down and took my shoe off. Then he found the heel and pulled out some super glue.

As Ken fixed my shoe, I thought about how nice that was, and how cute he- wait a second. We are supposed to stay away from Jackson's friends! How had I forgotten?! Oh but he's so sweet!

I straightened out my purple and orange checkered dress and brushed sand out of my ponytail. Wait... Sand?! I looked around and saw we were sitting on the beach on the outskirts of town! How did we get here?! "Here milady, a gift from the heavens!" Exclaimed Ken with a wink as he put my now fixed shoe on my foot.

I stood up, wobbling and helped Ken stand up. He brushed the sand off his clothes and I did the same. I had been to the beach a couple times before, but it looked like they were still adding sand? But the beach had finished years ago... Weird.

"HEY! KIDS YOU GET OUTTA THERE!" I looked up to see a burly guy with a bag of sand yelling at us. I grabbed Ken's hand, but as I looked around for the stairs, I couldn't find them. Ken hurdled up the wall and pulled me up. Still holding my hand, he bolted up the street and to the cafe that my friends and I always got milkshakes.

To my surprise, the normally empty cafe was PACKED with teenagers. Their clothes were very vintage, like the fifties vintage. In the Still of the Night by The Five Stains was playing on a record player, and multiple people looked at us. Whispers erupted and I could make out 'why is that boy's hair green, and why is he wearing those clothes?' And 'why are those clothes so bright? That girl clearly wants us to go blind!'

"What are you doing here?!" I looked up in horror to see my father, but a younger one than I knew was staring at me.

RONALD
(Someone other than Exer, David, or Jackson! :))

I is waking up on floor. Leaves are falling and I sit up. Jolie is trying to climb tree and Timothy is stuck in tree. I stand up and is hearing Jolie say "Damnit Timothy, work with me!" But Timothy is clutching tree branch as if life is dependent on it.

"I get Timothy down." I offer and I see Timothy's face go pink. Odd. I climb lots of trees in Russia, so this should be easy. I scale up tree with no problem, other than Timothy being too scared to release branch. "Timothy must let go! I will not drop Timothy. Ronald promises." I swear. Timothy reaches out a shaky hand and wraps it around my neck. He then goes to reach his other arm and slips off the tree branch.

I jolt my arm out and catch Timothy around waist and climb down one handed. I place Timothy on ground and he looks relieved.
"Timothy okay?" I ask with concern. "Yeah, I'm ga- okay! I'm okay! Thanks Ron." I nod and look around. We are in woods next to town. Jolie pulls out compass and starts walking. Timothy and I follow behind.

As we walk, I notice Timothy keeps fidgeting and glancing at me. "Ron..." Timothy starts, "What do you think of gay people?" I look at him and say "I accept them. Ronald is thinking if someone is loving someone it should be not because of gender, but love." I answer wisely.

Timothy is silent for a couple minutes, and then he blurts "Ronald I like you!" I look at Timothy and smile. "I am liking you too." Timothy fidgets again and says "I like you how David likes Exer." I feel my heart sink a little, because although Timothy is very nice, I don't feel the same way. Or at least I don't THINK I do... hmm. Timothy is looking hopefully at me.

"Ronald is happy that Timothy would even like Ronald in that way, but I am not very interested in being in a relationship, I want to focus on Ronald right now. Does Timothy understand?" Timothy looked a little disappointed, but he nodded. I figured if I gave him an answer in the middle, he would not be sad.

PAMELA
Oh my head hurts. I open my eyes and see myself sitting on the concrete steps to the entrance of the school. I feel something leaning on my shoulder and see that Jackson is leaning on me, unconscious. "Hey, wake up!" I exclaim, shaking his shoulder. Jackson blearily opened his eyes and yawned. Aww. "Pam, why are we here? Why did he transfer us, I didn't write anything about it..."

I stood up and noticed some bits of town looked brand new, while others were completely gone! Weird. "Hey are you two lost?" I looked around to see a girl with pale skin and hazel hair. She was about as tall as Jackson, and had the same eye color as him. I saw she was carrying a diary that looked just like Jackson's diary. Hold up.

Jackson's eyes widened and he opened his diary and looked at the most recent entry. I wish I could see my mother. I wish I could tell her howuch I miss her. And how upset I am. I'd like to see her this year, but I'll take what I can get.

"€¢^¥£ Smith..?" Whispered Jackson. "How do you know my name?" Asked the girl. Jackson put two and two together and realized something. He looked at me. "We are from the future. You are my mother."

©2023, All Rights Reserved q