>>Different person<<

[Chapter 20]

<<  1/3  >>

---------------
Alex POV
---------------

~Time skip (1 Month Later)~

"How's your ankle doing, Hon? Does it feel better?" My mom asked.

I nodded, Moving it slightly after a month of not being able to. "It feels weird not using a cast.. But I like it!"

"Alright, guys.. let's hurry up and get to school." Uncle Goldie said, helping Xavier put on his backpack.

My mom gave me a quick hug and kiss on the cheek before Patting Xavier's head as a form of a goodbye.

"You guys ready to go back to school?" Uncle Goldie Opened the car door for me and Xavier.

"Yeah!" I yelled in excitement, Crawling inside his car. "I like making new friends, It's fun." I smiled, letting him put mine and Xavier's seatbelts on.

"That's good, I bet you two are going to make a lot of friends." He squished our noses.

I laughed and watched as he closed the door before getting into the driver's seat. "What about you, Xavier? What are you excited about?"

"Hmm.. Recess. They have this big slide, And a Zipline too!" He looked out of the window as we drove away from the house.

"Oh yeahh, And that!" I giggled.

"..It's still early, You guys want some McDonald's?" Uncle Goldie asked, Stopping at a red light.

"Yeah!" Me and Xavier yelled in Sync.

"Pa!" I exclaimed, Running up to my dad who was Standing at the entrance of the school.

"Hey, Kiddo. How've you been?"

"Good.. I miss Chip." I pouted, hugging him as he knelt down.

"Really?"

"And flame- Oh! He told me that you guys called him that because he has a tattoo of a fire on his butt." I laughed.

My dad chuckled and stood up, "Just don't tell anyone in school about them, or the big mansion or what happened those three days you were there, Okay?"

"Okay." I nodded, Holding my dad's hand as he walked me to class.

I looked for my name on the tables, I was hoping me and Xavier would be sitting next to each other.. But it ends up he's across the classroom.

"Okay buddy, Your mom's gonna pick you up at two fifteen, I want you to wait at the entrance."

I nodded, Removing my backpack and hanging it up on the hooks. "Bye pa."

"Bye, Alex.. I love you." He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before standing up, "Have a good day, Alright?"

I watched him until he walked out of the classroom. I turned around and noticed a girl sitting in my seat, I tilted my head in confusion.

My name is right there.. She must not have seen it.

"Excuse me?" I asked, Tapping her shoulder gently.

She turned around to face me, I think she was just as confused as I was. "You're in my seat." I mumbled, Beginning to feel shy.

She looked at the name tag and sat up, "Sorry, I broke my glasses yesterday and I need to wait for new ones.." She sighed, moving out of the way so i could sit down.

"It's okay." I smiled softly, "My dad sometimes has those problems too." I giggled.

She smiled before I turned around and started to look at the things on my desk, A number table, My name tag, A box with-

"Do you need help?.." I asked, turning around to face the girl again.

She was a bunny as well, But a brown bunny and her eyes were a pretty emerald green. she wore baby pink overalls with a white shirt under and white shoes as well, and she had the prettiest hair clip I've ever seen.. It was a pink rose which matched with her outfit.

She nodded, "Yes please.."

I stood up from my chair and pushed it in, "What's your name?"

"Kinsley." She said, Following me as i checked every empty seat with a name tag.

I couldn't find it anywhere in the classroom until I went back to my seat again, which was when I noticed that her assigned seat was next to mine. I giggled.

"You sit next to me." I dragged the chair out just enough for her to sit before I did, something my dad always had a habit of when he was still with my mom.

Suddenly the bell rang and the teacher sat up from her desk, "Welcome back! I hope you all are excited for second grade, My name is Mrs. Evangeline." She smiled.

Suddenly Xavier raised his hands, He shot me a look and I knew that he was about to say something mean.

"I don't think I've learned your name yet, but what is it?" Mrs. Evangeline asked.

"Why do you-"

"Do you have a favorite student!?" I spoke over Xavier as I raised my hand to catch her attention.

"Well.. I can't have favorites, but next time, Please let someone finish when they're talking.. Okay?"

"Sorry.." I slowly put my hand down and looked at my table as I fidgeted with my sleeves.

I looked over at Xavier and we made eye contact, He frowned, almost as if to ask why I interupted him.

I rolled my eyes and looked back up at the teacher as she made a whole introduction about herself before giving us a turn to talk about ourselves.

I wasn't paying much attention to the kids who were talking about themselves and stuff, I was mostly just thinking about what I would do once I got home. I was pulled from my thoughts when I felt someone tap my shoulder.

"It's your turn." A boy asked, Handing me a rose quartz stone in a shape of a heart.. That's the only one I know because it's pink and my mom has one.

"Um.. what are we doing?" I questioned.

"Tell your name, Age.. Something you did over the summer and your goal for this year." Mrs. Evangeline said, Giving me a soft smile as she interlocked her hands Infront of her.

I looked back down at the stone, "My name is Alex, I'm seven and my goal is to make new friends." I finished, passing the rock to Kinsley.

"And.. what you did over the summer?" Mrs. Evangeline asked.

I looked up at her.

Dad said not to tell anyone about Chip and The others..

"Um.. I went to the beach?" I said, Beginning to feel embarrassed for no reason.

Xavier laughed quietly, I looked at him and groaned, He always gets cocky when he's around his friends, He's like a different person.

I hate it.

~𖧷~