>>Lying to myself<<

[Chapter 25]

<<  2/3  >>

The heart monitor beeped at a steady pace while I sat on a chair, my head against the wall as I waited for a nurse to check in and tell me about how Bonnie's doing.

Finally he walked in, "Alright, I have all the results." He began, Looking through some papers on his clipboard.

"So, He didn't break any bones, No serious injuries but he did fracture his hand, And as for the rest, like, The black eye and the bruises, They should heal in a month or two with this." He handed me a cream.

I looked up at him. "Is there anything else?"

"Well, Was there anything else you wanted us to look at? We've ran all the tests on him, I can assure you that he is fine."

I nodded, "Thanks."

He smiled with his eyes and the minute he left the room, I heard Bonnie moving. I turned my attention towards him and saw he opened his eyes.

"Hey, You alright?" I asked, Standing up and reaching for his hand.

"Can you turn off the lights?" He mumbled, "They're too bright.."

I turned them off. "Better?"

"Yeah." He said.

I leaned against the railing and stood there in silence. "There's something you haven't been telling me."

"You'll hate me if I did." Bonnie responded, trying to move his hand but then hissing in pain.

"Easy, They still need to put the cast on you."

"I can't be here. I've got things to do." He stood up but struggled to stand. I managed to catch him in time, just before he fell.

"You're tired. You need to get some rest, Especially after what happened to you."

"Freddy, You worry about the most simplest things."

"Bonnie, You matter to me. You're more than just 'Simple'." I sighed.

He looked at me puzzled but didn't say anything. He just looked away.

"Hey, You know you can tell me anything, right? That's what I'm here for." I said.

He shook his head, "It's going to ruin things, It's better if you stay curious and stop talking about it."

I frowned, "Why do you act like this Everytime I try to ask you what's wrong?"

"I just said it, It's going to ruin things! I can't tell you even if I wanted to."

I walked towards the door, "Try getting some rest."

Ends up he didn't stay put, Instead he left in the middle of the night and never came back. He hasn't texted or called, Maybe this is it?

~Time skip: 5 months later~

I walked alongside chip at the mall, we got gifts for Flame since his birthday is Tomorrow and we couldn't just not getting him anything. He's still a kid after all.

Suddenly I saw him next to Candy. It was Bonnie. We made eye contact with eachother before looking away immediately. I took one last glance at him before I walked out of the building, He kinda looked back but held onto Candy's arm tighter.

I Don't care.

But I know I'm lying to myself, I know it hurts but I can't accept it. I want him back and I blame the mafia for it. I entered the car with a sigh and a slight pat on the back from Chip.

"Just give it time, He'll come back."

"I don't think so. He's been with candy for over a year now, They're definitely long term."

"Yeah but there's one thing," he paused, Starting the car and driving out of the parking lot.

"You stand out, Not just by your looks and stuff, but, by the way you treated him. Everyone knows you both compliment each other and are the perfect match. You know you'll always be." He finished.

"So what's stopping us?"

"You'll know when you see it." He said with a smile.

I'm tired of waiting.

We drove off and I only continued to look out the window, making small talk with Chip but I think he could tell I wasn't feeling like it right now.

The rest of the day was a blur, I wasn't sure what I did. All I remember was leaving to do a mission, My mind was only focused on Bonnie.

I want him back, And badly. The look in his eyes says it all, I know he still wants me, deep down. I'm not delusional, we both know it.

"Freddy, Are you even listening to us right now!? Hurry and get in the van before they catch us!" Fearless exclaimed.

I snapped out of my thoughts and got inside, I sat down next to Fearless and stared at my hands.

What am I doing?

I continued to stare at them until I felt a light tap on my shoulder, "Freddy, Whats been going on? You're acting weird all of a sudden, Almost like you don't like doing this anymore." Flame said.

I never wanted to do this in the first place, I only got used to it, That's all.

"I like this job." I lied, "I'm just tired, I haven't been getting much sleep lately."

"Well, You can always take a nap in the van. We're a little far from the mansion, so You'll have time." Chip added, Looking at me through the rearview mirror for a split second before looking back at the road.

I nodded and closed my eyes, Trying to fall asleep.

But I couldn't, No Matter how hard I tried, my mind was stuck on Bonnie, How badly I messed things up. All of the people I've killed were and will forever be engraved in my memory.

I know I disappointed Bonnie, I didn't mean to. I had no other choice, But it's not like I can run away from this. Not anymore. It's too late for that.

I finally began to drift off into a deep sleep, When all of a sudden I was thrown forward. I opened my eyes abruptly and looked around.

"Are we here yet?" Fearless asked, Also seeming as if he just woke up.

"No, I crashed. Are you guys okay? you guys had your- Flame!"

"I-Im okay.. Just a little bruise." Flame groaned as he rubbed his head, "I forgot about my seatbelt."

I sighed. "I can get my brother to help us. Besides, We'll get to the mansion faster."

~𖧷~

A/N: seems like Freddy is going through a hard time right now, But anyways hope you enjoyed! I'll see you on the next💗