𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫-𝑆ℎ𝑢𝑗𝑖 ☆ ☆

Me and Shuji have been getting along really, really well and I'm grateful to even be able to speak to him.

Maya has been acting a bit odd for months, but never mentioned anything 'till she chose to say something at dinner.

"So, Y/n.." she said as she cleared her throat and everyone lifted their head, looking at me.
-"Uh, yeah?" I say as I continued to eat my food that Yuki made.

"You and Shuji have been really close to each other and..I don't know, like, are you dating my brother?.." she said as she tapped her spoon onto the glass bowl.
-"What?" I say as Shuji rolls his eyes.

"Just eat your food, Maya." He said as she looked at the both of us in annoyance.
-"C'mon..if you're dating my brother than just say it! I won't be mad..I mean, why would I?" She snorted, making it obvious that she would be mad if we were dating.

"We aren't." I say as Anna sighed.
-"Maya, just drop it." She said, making Maya groan.

"Anna, don't you see it?! Don't you see how close they are most of the time?? She doesn't even spend time with us anymore! It's always 'Shuji, Shuji, Shuji'!" She yelled as Yuki looked at her like she was crazy.

She was really pissing me off but I didn't wanna yell at a family dinner I was invited to and seem disrespectful.

"May-" Yuki said, but was cut off mid-sentence by Maya.
-"SHE DOESNT GIVE US ATTENTION ANYMORE! IT'S ALL SHUJI'S FAULT, MOM!! Don't you see that?.." she yelled as her voice cracked.

"Why should I give you my attention?.." I mumbled as she looked at me.
-"What did you say?" She asked as I rolled my eyes.

"Why should I give you my attention? You obviously don't care about me..Every-time you invite me to 'hang out' you always third wheel me and I don't like it! You make me feel un-wanted! Maya, do you even know what I'm going through at home?!" I yell as she kept quiet.

"Exactly! Because you never pay attention to me! You never ask how I'm doing, you don't seem to care about where I go! Would you even care if I went missing?! I've been here since day one! Wayy before Anna and she gets all the attention!" I say as Anna tries to speak, but nothing comes out her mouth.

"At least someone cares.." I mumble as I leaned into my chair, hoping that it would suck me away from this situation.
-"Uhm.." Anna whispered as she looked over at Maya who was still mad.

"So?" Maya shrugged as Shuji sighed in annoyance, dropping his spoon, making it hit the glass bowl.

"Maya, can you just stop? You always invite her over, but you act as if she doesn't exist. You barely speak to her. and when she's gone, you don't even notice it. She's dealing with a lot of shit in her life that she wanted to tell you this whole time, but you never actually had time to listen to her because Anna seemed to be more important than your friend who's been here almost your whole life.! What's so different between them?" He said as I bounced my leg up and down, trying to control my anger. My heart was pounding and I could feel my eyes starting to flood.

"Shuji-"
-"Maya, go to your room." Yuki cut her off as she stood up angrily and stormed off to her room.

"Uh, I'm sorry.." Anna apologized as I ignored her.

I didn't even wanna eat anymore..Maya basically embarrassed me if front of her family.

I took deep breaths as I tired to hold in my tears, but they slowly began to roll down my cheeks.