13

'Mom, I'm... home...' The familiar stench of alcohol attacked my nostrils the moment I walked inside, with the smell of something burnt mixed into it. Loud music in the living room is blasting through the house.

Well, this lasted long. A whole 2 weeks.

A half empty bottle of vodka is on display on our kitchen table, with my mother's fingers wrapped around it as she's sleeping in her chair, basically drooling on the hair that's under her face.

There is some burnt food in the pan in the sink, and the fridge is wide open. TV, as per usual, on full blast with some heartbreak themed music on.

There's some money on the table, so I can only assume she either got paid or fired, seeing how she's still in her work clothes. Her skirt is a bit too high up, and her shirt had obvious spills on it. She is missing a shoe as well.

That little seed of hope I get when she says it's all over over dies off quicker than it ever grows in the first place because I know for a fact, nothing will change.

This never changes.
She never changes.

And I'm tired. I'm tired of having to be a mother to my mother. I'm tired of having to raise myself. I'm tired of cleaning up after her and fixing her up like she's a child. I'm tired of getting insulted and beaten down for it by the very same person I'm doing it for. But she's all I have. And I'm all she has.

I wish I was never born.

I cleaned everything up, as always. She slept through it, as always. And then I took her to her room. As always.

I showered and flopped down on my bed, just staring at the ceiling, rethinking all of my life choices.

I need some air.

I put on a comfy hoodie and some sweatpants and got out of the house. I walked for a while before ending up in the park near my house. It's a little children's park with swings and such. I often see kids playing around here, especially in the summer. As it gets colder, it gets a bit empty, but it's perfect to just sit on the bench and do nothing.

I watched the sun set behind the line of houses far ahead, wondering if my mom woke up yet and threw up everywhere. I don't even wanna go back.

'Angel?'

Jimin's voice made me jump a little. I must have been too much in my thoughts to hear him coming over. Not that I expected him to be here anyway. Or hear him say my name. I don't think he ever did that before.

I'm not used to seeing him in anything but the school uniform, but right now, he's in his gym getup. Sweatpants, light jacket, and a gym bag over his shoulder. His hair was visibly damp and slicked back in a few places, probably from the sweating.

'Sorry, didn't mean to scare you.' Of course he's going to apologize for no reason

'Hey.' I wave a little. 'Gym?' I ask, looking at his bag

'Uh, yeah.' He looked at the bag for a moment before looking back at me. 'What are you doing here all alone?'

'Just needed some air.' I shrug

'Oh.' He mumbled. 'Are... are you okay?' His soft voice is really soothing

'Yeah. I'm all good.' I force a smile. 'You?'

'Y-yeah. I'm good, too.' He was just standing next to the bench, looking at me. Sort of.

'Are you sure you're alright?' He asks again. For someone so shy, he really is stubborn

'Yep. I just like sitting here sometimes. It's nice and peaceful. I can hear my own thoughts.' I chuckle. That's the last thing I want. To hear my own thoughts.