48

As soon as the bell rang, I fled for the exit. Or I tried.

'Angel!' I heard Taehyung yelling my name, but unlike in general, he sounded almost concerned. And it rang through the hall loudly enough for the entire school to hear, so I couldn't ignore him.

I stopped and turned to see him running over to me.

'What happened? Hobi told me Jimin was called out of the class? Is he in trouble? Is he okay?'

I never thought I'd see him so worried about someone. Looks like he really cares about Jimin.

'It's his mom. She's in the hospital. He doesn't know what happened either, so I'll just wait till he calls or comes home.' I tell him quietly, not wanting anyone else to hear

'Shit.' He cursed

'Sorry, Tae, I'm kinda rushing. I'm getting Yujin from school, so I need to head over.'

'What? Actually, it doesn't matter. I'm coming with you.' He just skipped over that

'No, don't.' I stop him. 'If we are both there, and Jimin isn't, he will know something is wrong. We can't scare the kid like that.'

He seemed to have thought about it for a second, then nodded. 'You're right.' He sighs. 'Let me at least drop you off there. It's a lot faster than walking all the way there.'

'Umm, thanks, but-'

'Angel, Jimin is practically my brother. We pretty much grew up together. Which means he is my family, which means Yujin is my family.  Let me help.' I suppose he has a point

'Okay.' I agree with a little sigh

'Come on.'

It was a bit awkward getting in a car with him. I didn't even know he drove. I was just looking through the window, wondering if Jimin's mom was alright. I know how scared he must be.

'...ight?' Taehyung's voice kind of pulled me back

'Hmm?' I hummed, not hearing what he said

'Are you alright?' He asks, glancing at me before looking back at the road

'Yes. Just worried about Jimin. He must be so scared.'

'He had a lot worse. He'll be okay.' Is he trying to comfort me?

'I know he did. But this is a bit different, isn't it?' I ask back. He said so himself, they grew up together. He must know about his dad.

He looked at me with a bit of a confused face, and then he clicked in. And I was right.

'You know. He told you.' He sounded like he didn't believe his own words

'Yes. He told me.' I confirm

'You know, he never told anyone that. It took him years to tell me, and I'm the only person he told. Well, not anymore, it seems.' He had some kind of fond smile on his face

'He told me that, too.' I chuckle

'I guess I shouldn't be surprised.' He kept smiling. 'He really loves you, you know? This is most likely the happiest I've seen him since I've known him.'

I don't really have anything to say to that, but the fact that he's telling me this is a bit embarrassing.

'Did you two swap personalities or something?' He suddenly started laughing. 'Since when do you get so easily embarrassed?'

'I've been wondering the same for a while, to be honest.' I admit my defeat

'I heard what he did earlier today. I wish I'd seen that.' He laughs again

'Oh my god.' I snorted a little. 'I did not see that coming whatsoever. It was nothing like him.'

'Would you be surprised if I told you that this wasn't the first time he did something like that for you?' He smirks a bit, looking ahead

'What do you mean?'

'I still don't know what happened, and I won't ask, but do you remember that day when you kind of snapped at Hobi and JK?'

'I remember.' How could I forget? My mom tried to kill me the night before.

'Well, your man almost chewed our heads off and threatened us that day. He told us to leave you alone and never mess with you again.' He chuckles

'What?!' It all makes sense now. 'That's why you suddenly became nice. All three of you.'

'Mhm.' He nods. 'He never did that before, but he did it for you. But he was right. We did do a lot of stupid shit to you that you definitely didn't deserve, and it was all my fault. Cause I was an immature moron. I'm sorry. Truly.'

Is he... apolozing?!

'To be honest, I never imagined it would end up the way it has. I just wanted to piss you off a bit, but it went too far too quickly, and I was a complete ass, making it worse. No wonder you hate me so much nowadays. But I am sorry. I hope you'll be able to forgive me one day. And the guys.'

It took me a good minute to process. I didn't think he's capable of feeling sorry.

'I don't hate you, Tae. Of course, I wanted to smack you about a million times, but I don't hate you.' He chuckled a bit at that. 'None of you. I won't lie and say that I love being called names and have shit in my locker every few days, but there are worse things to happen. As long as Jimin doesn't suffer because of me, I don't care what people say. I'm used to it.'

'You love him a lot, don't you?' He had some happy smile on his face, but I can only guess he's happy for him

I nodded lightly, 'More than anything.'

I didn't realize, but we arrived at Yujin's school with a lot of time to spare. He slowly stopped the car, parking it.

He gripped the wheel tightly, then turned to look at me.

'Please, don't hurt him. Take care of him.'

Taehyung. Pleading. Wow. But I understand.

'I never want to do that, Tae. You have no idea what he means to me. Hurting him would be the last thing I'd ever want to do.'

'Thank you.' He patted me on the head like I'm a child

'Just because I don't hate you doesn't mean you can touch me up.' I joke, making him laugh
'Thank you, Tae. For driving me here and for apologizing.' I smile

'Anytime. It was long overdue anyway.'

'Well, I'm gonna go. He should be out any moment. See you at school.' I waved at him, getting out of the car and walking away.

This was the weirdest thing ever. I never thought he'd apologize for a thing. I suppose he's not that bad after all.

But I'm here for a different reason. Where is this little cute poop?

And a minute later, I found out.

He ran out with the speed of light, all hyper. He saw me and then started sprinting full speed, almost jumping on me the moment he could reach me.

'NOONAAAA!'

'YUJINIII!' I giggled, twirling him around once

'You came to pick me up, noona.' The more I see him smile, the more I see Jimin. His tiny cheeks get all raised and close his eyes.

'Yes, I did.'

'Where is hyung?' He noticed Jimin wasn't here and his smile disappeared a little

'Jiminie hyung is doing something for school, so you're coming home with me. Hyung will come later. Is that okay?'

'I can go home with you, noona?' He got excited all over

'Yes.' I smile at him. 'What do you think we get some snacks and sweets on the way home, and then we can watch some cartoons?'

'YAYYY! CHOCOLATE!'

He got so excited that he almost jumped off from me, so I put him down safely.

'Chocolate it is.'