58

ANGEL POV

'You ready?' Jimin was holding my shaky hand firmly in his, carresing my knuckles to calm me down as we stood in front of my house. I just couldn't bring myself to go inside.

'No. But it needs doing. Not much choice.' I took a deep breath, holding onto his hand tightly

'I'm right here. I'm not letting go. Promise.' He bright my hand to his lips, pressing them to the back of my hand

'Thank you.'

He can calm me down on the worst of times. Like now. I feel a bit more ready.

I pushed the key into the lock and turned it, only to find it unlocked. I guess she's home.

I walked in and instantly heard footsteps coming my way, so I froze in spot, feeling Jimin walk up a bit closer to me, stuck right to my back.

'You're going to be okay.' He whispered, squeezing my hand a bit

'Honey, you're back.' My mom sounded so relieved to see me, trying to come close to me, but I only took a step back, walking right into Jimin, and she paused right away. I guess she only noticed him now.

'Jimin... thank you.' She bowed to him. 'I'm sorry for any inconvenience. This is my fault.'

'It's quite alright. She is always more than welcome in my home, so there is no need to thank me.' He was as calm as he could be, replying to her with a smile

'I should probably explain as to why she-'

'He knows.' I cut her off sharply, feeling him squeeze my hand to calm me down before I start a fight. 'He knows everything. There's no need to explain it all. But you have quite a bit of explaining to do to me.'

I assume she was quite embarrassed by the fact that Jimin knows it all and turned a bit red, but I also think that wasn't her issue at the moment.
'You are right. I have a lot to tell you. If you are willing to listen.'

'It's not a choice. You have to. I deserve to know.' I'm gonna try and stay as calm as I can. I don't wanna make this worse.

'You do.' She nodded. 'Would you be okay to sit down with me... and Michael?'

'He's - he's here?!' I raised my voice a bit

'He stayed in the guest room. We were both waiting for you, but I kind of figured you'd be with Jimin, so I didn't try to call.' She mumbles again

'Fine. Let's do this.' I sigh, turning to Jimin. 'Can you stay? Please?'

'If that's what you want.' He smiles. 'I'm here.'

I don't deserve him. He is beyond perfect.

It's like I had a completely new shock seeing that man again. He was sitting but stood up as soon as he saw us walk into the living room, his eyes darting between me and Jimin, then looking at our hands.

'Hello.' He bowed. 'I believe we haven't met just yet. I'm Michael Maddox. I'm Angel's dad. You're Jimin, if I'm not wrong?' He offered his hand to Jimin, waking a bit closer

'Nice to meet you, sir. And, yes. Jimin Park. I'm Angel's boyfriend.' He sounded so proud, but the word boyfriend made my heart race a bit, even in a situation like this

'Apologies for meeting in such circumstances, but I can only assume you know what is going on, seeing how you're here.' My dad kept smiling at Jimin

'That would be correct, sir. But I'm just here for her, nothing else. So, just pretend I'm not here, honestly.'