57

Jimin took me to his room, which was a bit of a task with Yujin wanting to jump on me, but he bribed him with games, so it kind of worked.

'Can you give me just one second? I'll be right back, I promise.'

I just nodded without even looking up as I sat on his bed.

It was barely even a minute when he came back and closed the door behind him.

He crouched in front of me to meet my eyes, placing his hands on my thighs, then suddenly pulling back his hands. 'You're freezing cold, Angel. How long have you been out there?'

'Not long.' I mumble

'Let's get you warmed up first.' He pulled out one of his sweatpants and gave them to me. 'Put these on, baby. Please.'

I just went through motions, but I did as he asked, pulling down my skirt and putting on his sweatpants instead, then sat back down. I didn't even realize until now just how cold my legs were. I didn't really care.

He sat next to me, pulling me almost on his lap completely. 'I'm here, baby. Tell me what happened.'

'My dad. He's here. He came.'

I felt him freeze at my words. Even his breathing stopped for a second before he managed to mumble. 'What?'

I leaned my head on his shoulder as I started talking again. 'I came home, and he was there. Says he came to see me.'

'Seriously? Wasn't he the one who sent you away all those years ago? What the-'

'No.' The tears I thought dried out were anything but that and were now threatening to spill over. 'It was all a lie. My mom... she lied.' I tried not to break, but I couldn't hold it in. 'All this time, she lied.'

I broke down in little sobs, crying into his neck as he stroked my hair, holding me close and almost rocking me a little.

'She- she said he- he hates me. B-but she lied. She- she didn't- let him see- me.' I barely pushed out through the sobs. 'She is the one who- who took us b-back here. She- she didn't even- deny it.'

He took a deep breath, but he held me closer, pulling me completely on his lap. 'I'm so sorry, baby. I'm so sorry.' He kept repeating it, kissing me on the hair. I don't even know why he's apologizing. He hadn't done a single thing wrong.

'I don't know what to do.' I buried my face in his neck, clutching his shirt and balling it into my fist

'What did he say?'

'He said he wants to get to know me and that he'll be here a while. In Korea. But... I haven't seen him since I was 5. And I don't wanna go with her. She lied this entire time. What do I do?' I finally looked up at him, my face drowned in my tears

He gently wiped my tears with his thumbs, almost smiling at me. 'Stay.'

'What?' I barely whispered

'Stay with me. At least for tonight. You don't have to go back home.'

'Jimin, I can't do that. That's too much.' I shake my head. I'm already imposing. He's crazy.

'Would you rather go back to them or stay with me and let me hold you all night?' He cutely brushed his nose against mine, knowing damn well what he's doing. 'Hmm?'

'I can't impose on you like that, Jimin. And your mom.' I sniffle

He flicked my nose lightly, 'Don't say such nonsense. My mom loves you. Trust me, she doesn't mind in the slightest. And as for me...' he just trailed off, but his cheeks turned a bit pinkish