66

JIMIN POV

I did not see this coming. She told me everything about meeting up with her dad, and he seems genuinely like a nice person, so I kind of figured he might ask her to come with him.
What I did not see is him asking me to come as well.

It hasn't even crossed my mind. I kind of prepared myself not to see her for a few weeks, or maybe even longer. And I won't lie and say I was happy to be apart from her, but I know that's where she is from. She has every right to go and visit her birthplace.

But once he invited me as well, I thought I'd have a stroke.

I would love nothing more than to go with her. I don't want to be away from her at all, but I could never accept someone paying all that money for me. I'm not an idiot. I know how expensive it is. It must be thousands of dollars. I would never let someone do that for me, especially not someone I barely know.

I was a bit on autopilot walking into my house, so I completely disregarded my mom calling me. Multiple times, it seems, as a pillow landed in my stomach.

'Huh?' I barely even reacted, still in my thoughts

'What happened? You look like you've seen a ghost.' She was looking me up and down, sounding concerned

'Yeah, no. Nothing. A lot.' I shake my head, mumbling aimlessly. I am just so taken aback.

'Jimin, what's going on?' She even put the TV on mute, turning completely to me on the sofa

If anyone can help me, it's her. Besides, I'm sure she would find out eventually, whether I accept or not. Which I'm not. I just said I would think about it so she'd stop pleading.

'Come on. Sit down. Talk to me.' She patted the sofa, so I kind of waddled over, sitting down next to her.

'How did it go? Did they do or say something wrong?' She was full on mother mode, ready to fight

'No, no, it was actually great. They were more than nice. And her dad is kind of great.'

'Then why do you look like you're going through your third divorce?' That one made me laugh a little

'Sorry, sorry. I'm still piecing things in my head, but basically, her dad asked her to go back with him to New York for a few weeks.'

'Okay. Is that really so weird? I mean, it is his daug-'

'He asked me to go with them.'

She just stared at me for 5 seconds, then almost screamed at me. 'Then you lead with that!'

'How am I supposed to just come out with it?!'

'Okay, okay.' She took a breath, motioning for both of us to calm down. 'What exactly happened?'

'He asked her to come, and she wouldn't agree to go because being a stubborn ass she is, she won't go without me. But it seems his plan was to ask me to come anyway because apparently we come in a package.' I recite their words, and she actually laughed

'He's not wrong.' She kept chuckling. 'But going to New York-'

'He wants to pay for all of it. He told me to consider it all done and covered and not think twice about it.'

'What the- is that man insane?' Now she gets my shock

'Apparently. They're all crazy.' I rub my face with both my hands.

'What did you say?'

'I told her I'd think about it because she wouldn't stop pleading with me and said she won't go unless I go, but I'm gonna say no. Not a chance in hell I'd let someone pay all that money for me. That's just insane.'