37

'I'm so sorry. She is like a child sometimes.' Jimin seemed just as relieved to be out of there

'Yeah. I can see who Yujin takes after.' I agree

'What's going on? You're basically running like I'm chasing you.' He grabbed my hand, pulling me back a little. 'What's wrong?'

'I'm just... flustered and confused. I didn't really prepare myself for meeting your mom. Or anything else, to be honest.'

'I know. I am pretty lost myself. It's not like I'm used to any of this.' He slowly laced his fingers with mine, his palm pressing against mine. 'Is this okay?'

I nodded, still unable to look at him, and looking at our hands instead.

'Do you mind if we walk slowly? I don't wanna go just yet.'

He is going to melt me away.

We did walk slowly, taking one step at a time. Holding hands, we made our way to my house, and even if we did walk slowly, we still got there a bit too fast.

'Can you please look at me?'

I looked up from the ground, meeting his eyes for pretty much the first time since we left his house.

'What are you thinking about?'

'A lot of things. But at the moment, I'm just wondering about what do we do now.' I admit. 'How am I supposed to act around you now?'

'Like you always have.' He smiles

'Like friends.'  I whisper

'Yes.'

'Is that what we are then? Friends?' I had to bite my tongue not to say something that would hurt us both

'Are we not?' He almost murmured, gently caressing the knuckles of my hand that he's still holding

'Right. We are not together. We're just friends. Nothing more.' I mutter to myself. Or so I thought.

'I only said that because I am not sure myself about what's going on. I never did any of this before. I've never been in love before. I never even kissed anyone until today.' He added the last part so quietly, averting his gaze. 'It's not like we had the time to talk about this. I thought we could do that some other time. Actually talk about what to do.'

Even though I kind of knew that he never had a girlfriend, I am still shocked by the fact that it was his first kiss, purely because it was beyond perfect. But right now, that's not my problem.

'Why do we need to talk about it? Do you not want to be with me?'

He feels the same as I do. It shouldn't be this complicated.

'Of course, I want to be with you.' He cupped my face like he did earlier, holding me with his soft hands. 'I just... I don't know how any of this goes. I don't know what to do.'

'What are you afraid of?' I was almost pleading. 'I want to be with you. And you want to be with me. We can figure it out. Together.'

'I don't wanna mess this up, Angel. I'm just trying to slow down for the moment. I'm afraid that I'll rush it and do something wrong.' He pulled himself closer, lowering his head almost on my shoulder. He was so close that his lips were almost brushing against my cheek, his breath tickling my ear as he spoke quietly. 'I know that if this goes wrong in any way, what we have is lost. And I don't want to lose that.'

'Don't you see that it's gone already?'

He pulled away, looking at me with fearful eyes. 'What do you mean?'