15

Almost an entire week passed, and I haven't spoken to Jimin once.

I've seen him glance at me here and there, but every time our eyes met, one of us looked away. Mostly him.

We have never been close or such, but I kind of wish we were. At least a bit more friendly. I kind of feel at ease with him.

His shy nature and calm tone always tend to make me feel better. Like a calm after the storm. He at least makes me laugh a bit, even if I'm not in the mood. Maybe I'm lonelier than I thought.

But another day passed. Another time to go home.

Just coming up the front door, I wanted to turn around. And I should have.

The smashing and screaming should have been my sign to not even think of coming close, but she might hurt herself.

She was a mess.

Her hair was all pulled out and looked like dried up twigs. Her pyjamas were hanging off her, all unbuttoned. She was screaming at the wall that she was aiming at, throwing anything she could reach.

'Mom.' I called her softly, not wanting to make a bigger mess out of this when she's aggressive, but I shouldn't have called her at all

'THERE YOU ARE!' She screamed, dropping the pillow she was holding in her hand
'The bastard comes home!' She slurred her words, half spitting on herself as she started coming closer, tripping on her own foot and stumbling

'Come on, mom. Let's get you to bed.' I reached for her to catch her from falling, but she grabbed a handful of my hair, almost pulling it out of my scalp, making me scream out

'Mom! Mom, let go!' I yelled, trying to detach her tangled fingers from my hair, but that only resulted in her getting worse

'A WHORE!' She screamed and slapped me full force across the face, pulling out a few of my blonde hairs

'I SHOULD HAVE KILLED YOU! I should have killed myself!' She screamed again, throwing a remote at my head very hard

The tears I've tried to hold back came rushing. I hate when this happens. I hate seeing her like this. I hate myself. I hate my life.

'THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! ALL YOUR FAULT!' She kept yelling and screeching, pushing me backwards more and more

I didn't even realise we were in the kitchen until I saw her holding a knife in her hand, waddling herself towards me

'Mom! Stop it! Please, stop!' I cried, going around the table to avoid her

'Come here! This is your fault!' She threw the knife, missing me by a mile. Thank fuck.

But then she grabbed a bottle from the table, trying to climb over it to get to me. She fell off and fell on the bottle.

I heard a glass crack and panicked, fearing she cut herself. And there was some blood. But only a few drops.

'Mom! Let me see!' I crouched next to her to check her over, but she swung at me and I felt a sharp pain on the inside of my arm.

I fell back, holding the spot that felt like burning at the moment, looking at the blood forming through my clothes with the vision that only kept getting more blurry.

My forearm was cut through my shirt, and it was bleeding. It wasn't a deep cut, but it was a long one. And it hurt like hell.

I gripped it tightly with my other hand, pushing myself back away from her as she kept coming for me.

'I'm gonna kill you! You destroyed my life!'

I can't do this. Not anymore.

I got up and ran out of the house, running as fast away as I could.