39

'Should we wait this out?' Jimin asks as we're both looking at the light rain, slowly drizzling outside the school.

Some students were running so they'd save themselves from getting wet, some had umbrellas, and some didn't seem bothered by the rain at all.
It thundered loudly somewhere in the distance, and it was a sign that it could only get worse.

'I don't think waiting is an option.' I chuckle at the sound of thunder

'And I have to agree.' He smiles. 'Wanna go home?' He opened his hand for me to take, and I gladly took it, letting his fingers intertwine with mine

The zoo in my stomach is practically breaking loose. Just holding his hand like this makes me feel like I'll burst.

'So... about this morning...' I start, letting him do the explaining

He squeezed my hand a bit, and I could see his little wheels spinning. 'I spent most of the night awake, thinking everything through, and the more I was thinking about it, the more I concluded that I'm an idiot. Everything you said was more than right. I just got scared. I've never had a girlfriend before, and I was just scared of messing up or hurting you. It only took me an entire night to realize that I've done exactly what I was trying to avoid. I must have picked up my phone 20 times and typed something to you, then erased it.'

'You could have. I was awake, too.'

'What were you thinking about?'

'You. What else?' I chuckle. 'I was just... worried. I was afraid of your decision. I was afraid you wouldn't want me.'

Another loud thunder went off, making me wince a little in surprise.

'I might want you a bit too much. I thought about what it would be like if I lost you, and it honestly hurt just thinking about it. I was rushing this morning, wanting to see you as soon as possible, and then....' he trailed off, cutting himself halfway

'And then what?'

'And then I saw Jungkook all over you, and I wanted to kick his ass.' He sounded almost shameful. 'I wanted to be the only one who gets to hold you and kiss you. Seeing the two of you like that, I made up my mind in a millisecond. I wanted you to be mine. Only mine.'

'You know... Jungkook did it on purpose.' I smile at him. 'He caught me staring at you and said he's gonna make you jealous. I didn't really clock in until he squished me. Idiot.'

'Well... his plan worked, that's for sure.' He chuckles

'So, if he didn't do it... we wouldn't be... we'd be friends?'

He stopped walking, making me stop as well, and then he stepped in front of me. 'No. We wouldn't be friends. We can never be just friends.' He cupped my face gently, caressing my cheeks. 'I was going to ask you to be my girlfriend after school. He just pushed me a bit ahead of the schedule.'

'Girlfriend.' I giggle. 'You're my boyfriend.'

'I sure am.' His breathtaking smile was taking away my sanity. His lips were about an inch away from mine when another thunder ripped through the skies, and the rain suddenly started dropping like crazy.

'Run.' He grabbed my hand firmly, and we started running, trying to either find shelter or get home, but nothing will save us now.

We were already half wet, and it's only been a minute.

We stepped under the bus stop, covering from the rain for a minute, purely to catch our breath from running. We looked at each other and started laughing.

His hair was completely wet, sticking to his face. He looked like a little wet puppy, especially with that smile of his. Water trickling even off his lips. His jacket was dripping, and his pants were more than soaked.

Not that I looked better. I can feel my hair sticking to my face. Thanks to the school uniform and the fucking skirt, my legs are beyond wet and frozen. Even my socks are wet.

The rain from his hair dripped into his eyes, so he pushed his hair back by running his fingers through it, and I had a feeling like my jaw was on the floor.

I have never thought about jumping someone. Until now. The difference when his hair is pushed back compared to usual should be illegal.

'What is it?' He noticed me gawking, of course. As if he could miss it.

'Ah, nothing, nothing!' That was way too fast and way too loud, and it made him laugh

'What is going on? Why are you panicking?'

'I'm... I'm not panicking.' I mumble

'Now I'm actually worried.' He steps closer. 'You're blushing. Are you feeling okay?'

'That's not it. I'm feeling okay. It's just... it's you.' I admit, looking at my feet. 'You are way too handsome, so it made me flustered.'

'Me?' Why does he sound so shocked? Does he not own a mirror? 'I think you like me a bit too much.' He jokes

I shook my head a little. 'That's not it. You're just incredibly beautiful.'

He lifted my face, looking down at me. 'Says the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.'

'Seriously?!' He yelled at the sky as yet another thunder stopped him from kissing me

As much as I'm dying to kiss him, this was funny. He's actually arguing with the weather.

'Let's get home before we get struck by lightning.' I took his hand, still laughing

The rain was only getting worse. It was pouring out of sky and earth. The street was half flooded, and we were completely drenched. If I had a shampoo with me, I could have showered.

I didn't even think about where we're going, I just let him pull me along, and I was laughing too much to realize that we were in front of his house.

'Get in! Get in!' He laughed, pulling me in with him

We just stood in front of the door, breathing heavily and draining on the tile floor. And then we both burst out laughing even more.

'Let's get this all off. We'll both get sick.'

He started taking his jacket off, so I did the same. We were both soaked like we jumped into the sea along with our clothes. He turned his shoe upside down, and water started pouring out of it.

'Come on, stop laughing.' He scolded me, but he was laughing just the same. 'Come on. I'll give you some dry clothes. You can't stay in that.'

'Jimin, I'm just gonna go home and get wet again.' I chuckle

'You're not going anywhere until this stops. Are you trying to pick up pneumonia?' He flicks me. 'Come, come.'

Not much choice, and it beats the wet clothes.

We left wet footsteps on the carpet in his room as soon as we walked in.

He went through his closet for a minute before pulling out a sweatshirt and some sweatpants, giving them to me. 'Go, change. Don't get sick.'

'Thank you.' I took them from his hands, feeling a million butterflies in my tummy, but I don't have a choice. I'm pretty sure even my underwear is wet.

I went into the bathroom and took all of my clothes off, barely. It was all stuck to me. I even managed to drain them into the sink, chuckling a bit at it. I was going to just put his clothes on, but I was right. My underwear was completely wet. I had to take it off and just put his clothes on. It's fine. Not like he can see it.

It does feel amazing being actually covered in dry, warm clothes. And it smells like him. Looking at the mirror, I could only smile at the sight. His sweetshirt is a bit too big on me. The sleeves are hanging off my wrists. Sweatpants are even bigger, so I had to twist them twice for them to stay. But it's comfy. Very much so.

I grabbed all of my wet clothes, wrapping my bra and panties in the middle so he couldn't see them, and made my way back to the room.

'Thank you for.... the.... clothes...'

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

I should have knocked.