80

JIMIN POV

'How are you finding it in New York, Jimin?' Her mom spoke first

'I mean, it's only been two days, and so far, it's been great. We kind of went exploring this morning and all that. It's a beautiful city.' It might be an absolute chaos with the number of people everywhere, but there's no denying it's gorgeous here

'Bet you're glad you decided to come.' Her dad was all giggly, looking like he won some kind of game

'I am. Thank you. Truly.' I bowed my head and got boinked on the head with a kitchen roll

'Stop that.' He scolds me. 'No bowing in New York.'

As much as I'd want to argue, that made me laugh. 'I'm gonna try, but I can't promise anything.'

While we're here....

'There was something that I wanted to ask you. Both of you.'

They looked at each other and then sat up a bit more straight, looking at me.

'Go on, sweetie.' Her mom smiles at me, gesturing for me to go ahead

I cleared my throat a little, but I'm not sure how to start this one. But I kind of have to. It's only polite.

'Don't be nervous. Whatever it is, just say it.' Her dad gives me a light push

'Right.' I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down a little. 'There's something that I wanted to give Angel, but I think it's only right to ask you first if you are okay with it.' I dug through my pocket to dig out the ring that I've gotten her a few weeks back.

'Oh my-' her mom covered her open mouth

'No, no, it's not what you think.' I stop her mom from panicking. 'I wasn't going to propose to her. But... I did want to give her this as a promise.'

'You mean...' her dad trailed off, looking into my eyes and then at the ring in my hand

'Yes, sir. I love her with my whole heart. Whenever I think about the future or something that I want to do, I think of her. I also know that we are way too young to even think about it, and we haven't been together that long, but I would want nothing more than to marry her one day.'

They didn't interrupt me or give any indication on what they think, but I've gotten this far.

'I understand how crazy it might sound, but I really want to have her by my side. So, what I really want to ask is... Will you please let me give her this as a promise that I'll always love her? And I promise you I will never hurt her and that I will do everything I can to make her happy. Please.'

I bowed deeply, almost ending up with my head on the plate in front of me. I tried damn hard not to look like an absolute idiot, but that ship probably sailed when I opened my mouth.

'Jimin. Please raise your head.' Her dad, for once, sounded authoritative. Well, that can't be good. He is usually the friendly, smiley guy.

I hesitantly lifted my head, looking at the two of them. He looked as serious as he could get, while her mom looked about ready to cry. Did I really have to fuck up that badly?!

'You are right. You are too young.'

Well shit.

My heart is somewhere between breaking and jumping out. What do I do if they say no? They won't want me near her. I can't leave her. Not a chance. Do I go back? How? What the hell do I do?

'But I couldn't be happier about this.' He suddenly turned into the usual golden retriever, putting up a huge grin, while her mom clapped excitedly with her eyes full of tears