20

ANGEL POV

'Oh, fuck!' My heart felt like jumping out. 'You are a damn ninja.'
Jimin was standing right next to me, scaring the shit out of me. I didn't see him or hear him.

'I think you're just not paying attention. I even called your name.' He giggled cutely but looked half proud of himself

'You did?'

'Yep. Twice. Nice to know you're ignoring me.' He teases

'Sorry. I was away in my mind.' I admit

'Wanna go home together? You can tell me about it on the way?' He was smiling lightly at me. We only walked home together once. This is new.

'S-sure.' I nodded, turning to close my locker and avoid the embarrassment. He does some unexpected things that make me flustered.

'What were you thinking about earlier?' He asks after we've been walking in silence for a bit

'My mom. I need to talk to her when I'm home, but I'm just not sure if I'll be able to.' I have nothing to hide. He saw me at my worst. He knows why. 'I don't know if I'll find her awake or passed out.'

'That bad?' He wasn't mocking or anything. He was truly concerned

'There are good and bad days. But mostly the bad ones. Most of the time, I find her passed out in a mess. I've been doing that since I was a kid, so I'm used to it.' I kept answering his questions, looking nowhere but at the ground in front of me

'Has it always been like that?'

'Ever since I can remember. When my father left, he sent me away with her. He didn't want me because I reminded him of her. And she doesn't want me because I remind her of him. Her parents denounced her when she married him because he wasn't Korean, so they want nothing to do with me either. And having to deal with it somehow, she started drinking. And that was when I was about 5 or 6.'

He listened to me ramble on and explain, trying to keep it short and simple.

'Do you miss him? Your dad?' That soft tone of his voice makes it seem like everything is going to be okay

'I don't remember him. I haven't heard from him in over 10 years. I only know what he looks like because of the pictures. And my eyes and hair. They're the same as his. But I still don't remember him, so I don't miss him either.'

'What about you? Do you miss your dad?' Might be a stupid question, but it's his dad, same as she is my mom

'Not at all. He brought nothing but pain to us. I felt only relief when my mom left. And happiness because Yujin never had to witness any of it.' He smiled a little at the mention of Yujin

'You really love him, don't you?' I can't help but smile along

'We might have spoiled him a bit much, but we just didn't want him missing out on anything.' 

'I saw the way you were with him. You act like his brother and father. Is it hard?'

'Sometimes. I barely know what I'm doing for myself at times.' He chuckles at himself. 'But I'll do what I can. I take him to school and pick him up after every single day. I help him with the homework and such, play games with him when he's bored. The guys play with him as well when they're over. He kind of has 3 more brothers other than me. They do teach him stupid stuff, but that's unavoidable.'

I remembered his questions the other day, and it made me laugh quite a bit. Fucking Jungkook.

But something else just popped into my mind. 'Is that why you're always late to school? Because you take him?'

'Yes. His school is a bit far, and he can't go alone. So if my mom can't, I take him. And she works full time, so there's not a chance she's can do it all herself.'

He's more of a man that half the grown-ups. He's only 18 and is doing all of that for his mom and brother.

'You're amazing.'

Another thing I should have kept to myself.

I quickly started explaining myself, not to create an awkward situation. 'I mean, all the things you do are hard, and you're doing all of that and going to school and such. It's a hard thing to do.'

'I could say the same for you. You're going through so much, and no one would ever guess because you are always smiling and joking. If I didn't see you in that park, I would never have known.' Then he facepalmed lightly, exhaling. 'I'm an idiot. You weren't okay. That first time I saw you there, you weren't okay.'

'Hey, don't even start.' I scold him before he gets to feel sorry or guilty. 'I wasn't that bad. I had worse. Like yesterday. I haven't broken down like that in years. That was probably the worst I've ever been.' I admit shamefully

He suddenly stopped walking, looking down at the ground. It took me a second to realise that we were in my street and that my house was only a minute away.
I let out a small oh, feeling kind of sad that we're parting ways. For a minute, I forgot where I was going.

'If it doesn't go well, or you just wanna leave the house for a while... call me. Okay?'

'Okay.' I nod. I won't do that, but I'm not gonna tell him that.

'Wanna try that again?' He gives a sad smile. 'I've figured you out now, so you can't lie so easily.'

That's just scary. He saw right through me.

'Sorry.' I look down, feeling embarrassed that I was caught in a lie

'Good luck.' He took a step closer, wrapping his arms around me gently, leaning me on his chest. That scent again... and his arms feel like a veil of safety and understanding.

'Thank you.' I hugged him back, even if I was a bit taken aback by his action. But this calms me down. He calms me down.

He pulled away slowly, smiling at me once more before leaving further down the street, and I turned to mine.

Let's do this shit.