C h a p t e r S e v e n

PART SEVEN

                                                ❝And here you are living, despite it all.❞

Dear Summer,

Dear Summer,

I woke up to Jack playing with my hair, he was kissing my face. I was terrified. My entire face hurt. My chest had bandaids on it. I was wearing different clothes. My hair was wet. I looked up at him. His face returned to normal. He didn't show any traces of the man who'd beat the shit out of me last night.

"Katie, baby." 

Summer, that was the first time he'd ever called me baby. His voice sounded so cracked. There was that twinge in it, the one you get when it's taking everything in your body to not cry. His normally level piercing eyes were tear filled.

"katie, I didn't mean too. I just freaked out. I'm sorry."

Excuses. But I understand. I read his shit. I would be pissed too. I would react the same way. I wouldn't give someone the  chance to explain either. I forgive him, I know he won't do it again. Im confident. He loves me in some twisted way. Loves me like a sister, which is weird. Because you don't shove your sister to the ground and hurt her. But I suppose, people react differently. What would you do? Would you forgive him? Or would you only love him if he was kind to you. i'm making no sense. Jack is gone for now, so I am scribbling this to you. He gave me a patch, and it's working.

Do you still tell people you have a sister? Or are you an only child now? Do you have friends who ask about me still? Do you still have our childhood photos hung on the walls? Or did you take them down the first time I overdosed.  I'm rambling, I just don't want to set down this pen Summer. I don't want to face him. I'm scared.

-Still your little sister

Kaitlyn