C h a p t e r F i f t y - F i v e

PART FIFTY FIVE

                                             ❝I lost my breath and never caught it again.❞

I shook Jack

I shook Jack. 

"The fuck Katie?" He asked rolling over. I knew exactly how he was feeling at this moment. He was coming off drugs and could probably like if I spoke less loudly. But I could not find our daughter.

"Please tell me she's here." I said and he shook his head.

"Who?"

"Our child dude." I snapped and he seemed to become stone cold sober within the span of a minute. He got to his feet.

"Shit." He said.

It was just Jack and I in this house right now. I had no idea who had our daughter. I reached for my phone to call the police. Than I realized who I was. The wife of a drug dealer, and a user and my daughter would be found and taken away in the blink of an eye. I set my phone down. Looking at Jack, hoping Evie would spawn in his arms. 

"We can't call the police." He muttered. Reading my godamn mind. I nodded.

"I know baby, where is everyone?" I asked, trying not to explode. I wanted to tell Jack what had happened last night, but I didn't want him trying to kill Landon.  l rubbed my temples. I shrank against the wall. Hoping I could find some support in it. There was none to be found. I was trying, believe me to remain calm. Jack's phone rang and he answered. He held up a hand to me when I leaned forward.

"Okay Landon, yeah makes sense Imma be there in a sec." He said hanging up. I raised an eyebrow.

"Jason has her, said she was screamin this mornin and you was passed out."

Jason, I assumed was the man I called Landon. I seathed with anger. Now, I had been assualted before. Maybe blame my choice of clothing or the person I decided I wanted to be. Maybe it was because I sucked dick for drugs. Maybe it really was my fault. But now, it had nothing to do with me. It had everything to do with my daughter being with the man who raped me not even a day ago. 

"We have to go get her." I said searching my pockets for the keys. "Where are they?" I asked. Jack held up a hand.

"What's yo deal? Jason's  my boy, he wouldn't hurt her." He said relaxing a bit. I wanted to hit him, I wanted to lose my shit. But he had a point. He hadn't been there, he thought I of all people wouldn't been so stupid. But he also wouldn't have left his wife drugged up, in a random house with men she didn't know.

"He hurt me." I whispered. Jack's face twisted a little. 

"How?" 

"Las night, he shot me up and I- he drugged me and like..." I trailed off, I used to be a lot stronger than this. I wonder where she went. I was not emotional, I was not one to care about this. A year ago I would've been happy to just get the drugs. I wouldn't have cared.

"Like?" Jack prodded. I knew he knew where this was going. I shrugged, not meeting his eyes. 

"He, you know we fucked." I said trying not to say the actual word. 

"You fucked or he raped you Kaitlyn. Be so fucking honest because I will kill him." 

Kill him for doing the same thing you did?

I shrugged my shoulders.

"The second one." 

I have not seen someone drive, as recklessly and as fast as Jack did two minutes after that. He dragged me, to the car. Only giving me time to find a pair of pants and shirt to wear. 

"I'm going to fucking kill him." He said, in a suprisingly steady voice. I grimaced. I believed him, he did not seem as though he would kill somebody, but there was no way he'd been selling for this long without hurting someone. I sighed. 

"Do not, he's not worth it dude." I said, trying to convince him even though I didn't even believe myself.  His phone dinged and he pulled into a driveway. I sucked in my breath, wondering where this was going.

We climbed out of the truck, the house was if possible in worse shape than us. Jack practically broke the fucking door down. 

"JASON?!" He yelled. I was hiding behind him. The room was crowded with people, on the floors, the couches and leaning against walls. Probably all flickering in and out of reality. When I saw him, I grimaced. For one I got raped by a guy named Jason, and he was my husbands best friend. I saw Jason, emerge from a door, wearing only sweatpants a black t shirt. In his arms was my child. My sleeping daughter.

Jack took her from the entanglement of his arms. He handed her to me, her eyes flickered up at me. I pressed my hand against her chest. Jack moved in front of me.

"So, you really did that shit boy? That's my fucking wife." He said towering over Jason. I recoiled. I didn't want to see what was coming.

"Did what? What she sayin?" He smirked.

Jack punched him, hard and in the face. Blood dripped from his nose. He moved to punch Jack back but he ducked. Hitting him again square in the jaw. I averted my eyes, so I could only hear the yells of the man I loved beating the actual shit out of someone. Because apparently, he was the only one who was allowed to rape his wife. As if he's from the 1950's and I'm basically his bitch.

Then, five minutes of me huddled in the corner my arms over my daughter. Everything went quiet, and Jack sighed. I wasn't expecting to see what my eyes led me too. Jason's unmoving, bloody body laying still and silent on the floor soaked in blood. And Jack, smiling.