C h a p t e r S e v e n t y - F o u r

PART SEVENTY FOUR

                                         ❝Somehow, someway we will find each other again.❞

"Kaitlyn what the fuck?!" Was the first words I heard when i walked into our room

"Kaitlyn what the fuck?!" Was the first words I heard when i walked into our room. In the background I heard crying. I came face to face with Jack. In his hand, was the pregnancy test I'd placed in the drawer almost two months ago. I sighed, attempting to walk past him. He grabbed the hood of my sweatshirt and pulled my back towards him. I glared at him.

"I don't know whats it look like Jack, its a goddamn pregnancy test." I said, as he clamped his hand around my arm. I squirmed out of his grip. 

"Mama?" Evie asked, as she took three wobbly steps toward me. I smiled. This time pushing Jack away from me. I bent to pick her up. She smiled as I held her in my arms, her blue eyes looked up at me with all the love in the world. I tickled her softly and she smiled at me. Jack, again spoke this time more angrily 

"Fuck is wrong with you?" He asked shoving me against the counter. Evie began crying. I scowled at him, my wrists were stinging from how hard he was holding me. I glared at him. 

"I could ask you the same thing." I snapped, I felt his palm sting my face. I grimaced. I wasn't pretending this time that I wasn't scared for myself, I was terrified for my daughter.I kept eye contact with him. I felt as though as I watching myself out of body. I could feel the effects of the drug I'd loved more than anything hitting me too hard right now. I shook my head, trying to clear the fog from my head.

"Have you taken your goddamn meds?" I hissed. he was way to close to me, and I could feel his heavy breath against my neck. Evie began squirming and I moved to set her down. Jack pushed me harder and I felt myself drop her. I screamed. I watched as he let me go to pick her up. She leaned her head against his shoulder.

"Dada?" She questioned. And my breathing stopped. I reached for her, my hands clearly shaking.  I watched, in almost horror as Jack leaned his lips so close to me I could taste his cigarette. I glared.

"What judge would consider you a good parent?" He snapped. It hit me, he was thinking of leaving me too. I felt my heartbeat grow faster. I grimaced.

"And you think you're all that great?" I asked, trying to yell but it came out as a whisper. Jack smiled, as from the counter behind me he grabbed a knife.

"Walk the fuck away Kaitlyn, do what it is you always do, and leave me. I read your fucking little diary entries I don't care, but over my dead body will you take my daughter with you." He snapped. I knew if I reached for my daughter he would stab me, or cut me. I was only eighty pounds at this point, he could wrap his entire hand around my ankles. I looked at my baby, curled in his arms. I had written, the escape plan, what I would do and how I would leave him. It would've been so soon. And yet, somehow I didn't listen to myself and I grabbed for my baby.