C h a p t e r T w e n t y- S i x

PART TWENTY SIX

                                              ❝When trust is broken, sorry means nothing.❞

                                                                         (3 months later)

We hit viability. Our daughter could technically survive outside of the womb, without me. I was six months pregnant. My bump was huge. Or it felt that way at any rate.  I hadn't realized, that when we'd had our gender scan. I'd been four months pregnant. It made sense though, I'd been twelve weeks when we found out. Sixteen when we'd had our scan, and now 24, viability. We'd been living at the apartment for two months. 

All of it, had been such a whirlwind of emotion. I'd still smoked the entire pregnancy. Jack had offered coke, as well as a fentanyl pill when I couldn't sleep. I'd said no, it took every bone in my body to say no though. 

The place came together beautiful, two couches, Jack's flatscreen, a rug. We'd bought a bottle warmer, which sat untouched on the kitchen counter. We had too many clothes for her, I'd bought six premie baby outfits incase she was born early. Everything was ready, my daughter's nursery, a blanket laid over her crib, diapers stacked on the changing station, a monitor on her dresser.

A hospital bag sat next to the front door, and her bassinet sat next to my side of the bed. A tiny little onezie I'd set out for her laid in there. It was weird, imagining my kid in that outfit. Mine and Jack's daughter. I stood there for a while, looking at it. 

"Crazy to think about huh?" Jack said, putting an arm around me. 

"I didn't know you were home." I said, leaning up to kiss him. He smiled.

"Late night, got in just a few minutes ago, I gotchu something." He said squeezing my shoulder. I followed him into the kitchen. He gestured at the table. A vase of pink roses sat there. 

"You got me flowers?" I asked smiling. Not even Leo got me flowers. I wrapped my arms around him.

"We haven't had sex in weeks." I said sliding my hands up his shirt. He put his hands in my hair. 

"Watcha gonna do about it?" 

After that we were a frenzy, stripping off clothes and kissing. He pushed me onto the couch settling on top of me. He ripped my underwear off. 

"We're gonna give them a show huh baby?" He said as I fumbled with the zipper on his pants. I flipped him, I was the one on top now. 

"Since when you like being in control?" He asked, I didn't reply. Running my hand along his dick. He leaned into the couch.

"Since you put a baby in me." 

I took almost his entire dick in my mouth. He exhaled hard as I went faster and faster. He pulled me up by my hair, flipping me onto my back against the soft cushions of the couch. 

"Oh fuck." I said, feeling him inside me gave me the same rush as coke did. Now he was the one going faster with me.

"Slow down Jack, fuck slow down." I said digging my nails into his back. 

"Just bite my shoulder when you wanna scream." He said, not slowing down in the least.

"You can't make me scream." I said, and he proceeded to prove me wrong. I sunk my teeth into his shoulder hard. As far as guys go, Jack could fucking last. To the point my body was starting to tense up around him. I had my arms wrapped around him and my head on his shoulder. 

"Shit Jack stop." I said shoving him off me. 

"Is it the baby?" He asked, pulling his boxers back on. He was still hard. No shit. 

"I think I'm having contractions." 

I winced. It felt like being stabbed from the inside by a million soldiers with knives. I grimaced.

"Time them." He said, grabbing for his phone on the table. 

"Ow fuck!" I shouted reaching for his hand. I placed my hand over my stomach.

"These are getting pretty close together." He said, after about two minutes of me gripping the fuck out his hand. He pulled me off the couch still naked. He ran to the bedroom tossing me a pair of sweats and a t shirt. I pulled them on wincing as I did.

"Come on, let's do this thing." Jack said, pulling me out to the car.

"OW HOLY SHIT!" I screeched as He pushed me into the truck. 

The 15 minute drive to the hospital killed me. By the time we were in the parking lot my whole body was hurting. Jack pretty much carried me into the hospital.

"Can I get a doctor? My wife's in labour." He said, setting me down. A doctor came over to us with a wheelchair that Jack had to help me into. 

---------

I watched as the doctor's and nurses filed in. Holding my hand Jack said.

"We've got this baby." 

I screamed. Suddenly, everything stopped. My body went limp. 

"Ms. Thomas? You weren't in labour." The doctor said, snapping off her gloves. 

"What do you mean?" I asked her. She shrugged helping me to my feet.

"Braxton Hicks, it's fake labour and contractions. Baby's not coming today." She said ushering us out of the room. As much pain as I had been in, I'd been excited. I'd wanted to have my daughter in my arms walking out of this room. I sighed. Maybe next time. I hadn't even gotten a band on my wrist. We walked passed the admittance desk and into the cool air.

"Well fuck." Jack said tossing the hospital bag into the backseat of the truck before helping me up.