꧁•⊹٭𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟺٭⊹•꧂

You take a cigarette from Rindou's pack when he offers you one, sticking it between your lips before you lean over and he lights it for you. He takes one stick out as well and you throw your head back against the car seat, closing your eyes again while exhaling the smoke.

"I quit my job today" you start and he looks over to you "At the club?" "Yeah, felt like it" "A little rushed but you did talk about it a few weeks ago" he recalls and you hum, sticking the cigarette between your lips and tie your hair up in a high ponytail "Uh-huh"

Taking the cigarette from your mouth, you look over to him "I really didn't fuck with Hanma or Koko or Ran or anyone in Monaco", he looks at you for a moment before he stares out of the windshield window and nods his head "I know" "One of my partners asked me for a favor about four months ago. And that favor was driving Hanma somewhere, though I kept driving for him because he was paying well" you stated.

Rindou hums in acknowledgement before chuckling "He really doesn't have a clue who you are", you couldn't help but breathe out a small laugh as well "Nope. We actually should use that to our advantage to mess around with him. I quit driving for him anyway" "You did?" He stares at you and you nod "Yes"

It wasn't a lie. You called him when you were still in Monaco and said that you're quitting. But you not only called him but also a bunch of other people, you only kept a handful of regulars who you like driving for and pay well.

"Bet he didn't like that at all" he said and you nod, flicking the ash from your cig out of the open window "No, he tried making me stay but I said no. I have to bring him his car tomorrow and then I'm done. What's Bontens deal with him anyway?" "We're not partners or anything, it was simply an exchange of information. Mikey doesn't wanna work with him" he replies and you shrug your shoulders "Not really surprising after what went down..."

He hums agreeing before he runs a hand over his mouth and throws his finished cigarette out of the window "That was a fucking shit show.." "Yeah" you nod.

"Sanzu killed Mucho" He suddenly said and you whip your head to him with knitted eyebrows as you can feel your heart sink a little "What?", he faintly nods "We don't have proof but we suspect it and it's pretty obvious. Mucho just straight up went missing after he got out and Sanzu was always with him back then. He probably killed him because he betrayed Mikey/ Toman when he joined Tenjiku and Sanzu hates traitors..."

You turn your head away and stare ahead into nothingness for a moment. You didn't know Mucho was missing, probably because you didn't look for anyone after you got out of jail and you also realize you didn't question it when you didn't see him with Bonten. In your head you just assumed he went a different path and got away from all the gang shit.

"Wow.." you mumble in shock "Sanzu is...- he's a fucking psychopath, like straight up!" "Uh-huh" "You know who else is fucking weird?" "Who?" "Kokonoi" you stated "He's not psychotic like Sanzu but he's weird. He weirded me out!" "The way he was clinging onto you.." Rindou points out and you nod "Yes!! I liked going shopping with him but he got super offended when I paid for my own shit and then he invited himself to come to visit me at work and stuff. Like yeah, the club is accessible to everyone but why are you here?!"

Rindou shakes his head "Bastard"

A moment of silence passes before he speaks up again "Why did you never come to me when you got released? You just disappeared on me..", you clench your jaw and look down on your lap with knitted eyebrows "I..- I didn't want to be confronted with everything. I just wanted to forget but I couldn't...I couldn't forget about you, no matter how hard I tried"

You were Iocked up for 2.5 years, a lot longer than Rindou. And in this time a lot of things could happen and you were scared that it would change everything. So you left before he could leave you. Wanting to protect your heart but in the end you just felt even worse.