꧁•⊹٭𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻𝟻٭⊹•꧂

That night is continuously playing in your head, you can still feel how Rindou's skin was burning in pure rage even after he dragged Kazumi's dead body back onto the beach. Shinya was at your side, bleeding pretty badly from his shoulder after being hit by a bullet. And Aspen managed to escape.

The rest was kind of a blur, you faintly recall the other Bonten men shortly arriving at the scene and how they tossed the body into the house before setting it ablaze and then taking care of your and Shinya's wounds while heading back to Tokyo. You told them that Kazumi was working alongside Aspen but he has been deceived by her and that she is all alone, seemingly not trusting anybody enough to cooperate with.

But after that...you shut down.

You couldn't find the energy to say anything further to this because what were you supposed to say? That the person you thought of as your friend turned out to be a raging psychopath with a sick obsession for you, and now you have to live with that forever? It was the truth and you know it, everyone does. So in your mind it was not necessary to say anything at all to this, the actions that night spoke louder than anything else.

How are you supposed to trust anyone ever again?

"It's okay if you take a few more days off, you're still looking a bit battered. Sanzu can drive himself or get a subordinate" Akashi stands in front of you with furrowed eyebrows and takes in the bruises around your neck that are still there, even after a week. You look up at him with dull eyes "Are you turning soft on me? I liked that you didn't have any empathy for me"

"No, I'm just offering you something here. Giving you a chance to recover properly" he stated, causing you to frown "I'm fine already" "You don't look fine" "So you are turning soft on me?" You ask before shrugging your shoulders "I'm breathing and my ankle isn't broken, so I can drive"

He purses his lips and runs a hand through his hair, staring at you while you avoid his gaze as you glance around the common room of the Bonten headquarters. With a nonchalant shoulder shrug he brushes past you "Fine, I suppose", waving his hand a bit "But you're going to tell Rindou that you're back to working already although he convinced Mikey to let you fully recover first"

Not saying anything back as you just stand there with a blank face and tense body before Sanzu enters the common room "We can leave, [L/n]!", you stiffly move forward and follow him into the elevator while texting your husband that you're on a job. You actually were in the common room to get something to drink as you went with Rindou to the headquarters even though you weren't working yet. Bonten's number 2 spotted you there and immediately gave you a job after very briefly asking if you're able to drive. You agreed as you just wanted something to do that can make you forget about what happened.

And if that means to load yourself with work, you'll do it without complaining and whining.

You pull out of the underground parking garage and speed towards the destination Sanzu gave you. He lights a cigarette beside you, rolling down the window before he glances over to you and mutters "You look like a walking corpse"

Your eyes meet for a moment as you look over to him before focusing back on the road and rush-hour traffic. Shrugging your shoulders, sighing exhausted and mumbling "I also feel like one...a walking corpse" "You freak me out when you're that quiet and not like...your usual self or whatever" he scoffs, blowing out some smoke "I mean you piss off either way"

A tired, insincere chuckle leaves your lips as you shrug once more "Wanna put a gun against my head again for that?", he doesn't laugh nor smiles and just looks at your side profile before huffing out "That's what you want? Lost your will to live?"

"Do you have family, Haruchiyo? Siblings?" The question catches him off guard, causing him to answer it a bit defensively in a snappy tone "No, I don't have family nor siblings. Don't know why that should concern you anyway" "How do you know Mikey? Isn't he, like your family? You're very loyal to him" you point out and he knits his eyebrows, pinching the cigarette between his fingers "Why are you asking me all that?"