꧁•⊹٭𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻𝟽٭⊹•꧂

You nervously bounce your leg as you chew on your lower lip, sitting in the common room of the headquarters with Shinya and the twins. It's been over an hour since you informed Mikey that Aspen was at Blackout and gave Hide her phone number. Since then they are trying to track her down while you try to stay as calm as possible. You mutually agreed with Ran to not tell Rindou anything yet as he's still in meetings with Mochi regarding some of Bonten's associates. Not to mention that it's not clear yet if the hackers can actually find out Aspen's location.

Standing up as you can no longer sit still, you start pacing back and forth along the panorama window of the room while biting your nails. Shinya and Niko exchange glances while Ivan calmly lights a cigarette, observing how you get impatient.

"[Y/n]?" Akashi calls out to you as he stands at the entrance of the common room, making you instantly stop in your tracks "Yeah?" "Come with me" he orders and you glance at your friends for a moment before you nod and quickly walk over to him with your heart hammering against your chest.

He must sense how you're trembling in agitation because he's looking at you pretty intensely as the two of you walk down the hallway to Mikey's office but he doesn't say anything at all. Entering the office, you spot the boss and Sanzu with Ran standing there with rather serious expressions on their faces. You lock eyes with the oldest Haitani for a moment before you look at Mikey when you've stopped in front of his desk.

"Aspen seemingly got so careless that she didn't think it'd be necessary to secure her phone properly" Mikey states as he slides an iPad over the desk to you "Kakucho just confirmed her location and has her in sight", you stare down on the map and see the tiny pin on it. Your eyes widen when you see that she's currently in Taitō "She- she's in the district we grew up in...at home"

They give you a second to comprehend what you're seeing before Sanzu speaks up "You're going there and kill her, like we have agreed"

You look at him for a brief moment before you turn back to Bonten's boss, tapping your finger on the iPad and firmly stating while also expressing a demand "I'll keep my part of our agreement but I want to fight her in a fair battle", the others stare at you in utter confusion while Mikey tilts his head "A fair battle?" "Kakucho is watching her right now, so she technically cannot escape" you elaborate "I wanna let her know that I'm alive and we can fight at the port. It's late at night, nobody will hear us, especially when you all surround the area"

"I want you to give me an hour and when I haven't contacted you in that timeframe, means that she won and not me" you add before your gaze shifts to Ran with a serious look on your face "Rindou is still at the meetings and doesn't know what's going on yet. Let's keep it that way because he wouldn't let me go alone when we do it like that" "[Y/n]-" "Please" you press and lock eyes with him "We both know that's the truth"

He looks away "It's not my decision to make", so you turn to Mikey again. The latter nods "I agree"

Sanzu and Akashi quickly work together to find a wrath at one of Tokyo's ports where you and Aspen can fight while Mikey stated that they will have that area surrounded, so if you do lose that Aspen won't be able to escape again. You just simply agree with them and wait till they're done before you get a phone with her number to let her know what the plan is.

Stepping into the hallway alone, you slide down the wall and plant your ass on the floor as you stare at the phone number for a moment and take in a few deep breaths. With shaking hands, you click the call button and hold the cell to your phone, ("Hello?") Aspen's voice rings out, sounding a bit unsure as you're calling her anonymous.

"Do you recognize this voice?"

It's completely silent on the other line, making you almost believe she hung up but then you hear her exhale a shaky breath ("You're...alive") "Indeed I am" you hum softly and somehow feel how your brain and body goes numb, depriving you from any emotions, which leaves to guess that it's some kind of coping mechanism your mind activates to help you go through with this "Hell spit me out and I've risen from the dead"