꧁•⊹٭𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟿٭⊹•꧂

You cover your head with your arms as you run through the pouring rain towards Rindou's car, leaving Kazumi's apartment building after quickly informing him about the current situation. Jumping into the passenger seat, you shake yourself "Bleh, what shitty weather it is today! That better not be a bad omen or something" "I don't think so" Rindou chuckles as he starts driving "And what did Kazumi say?"

"Not much, except that he seemed kinda shocked about the fact that Bonten is now involved as well to hunt down Aspen and that I'll be the one to end it all" you reply while brushing some hair out of your face and bounce your leg "He says he's still in on everything and is also talking to a couple people to find a lead" "Okay" he just nods before stating "Akashi just called and we have to delay our little trip to the club for a quick meeting. He said something about a job for you"

"Seems important when we have to go there now" you think out loud as you lean your head on the car window. He shrugs, placing his hand on your thigh "We will see"

A bit bored, you nibble on your lower lip while staring outside the massive panorama window as you're sitting in a meeting room with the other executives and Bonten's boss. Kokonoi is talking about the finances for a moment before Mikey takes the lead again, giving out new orders to everyone before he turns to you "[L/n]" "Mh?- Ah, yes, sir!" You blink and stop daydreaming.

"I assigned you to accompany Rindou, Kokonoi, Sanzu and Akashi to a meeting with Naruhito Kato as we're currently establishing a deal with him, you're going to support them. Your files were stating that you drove for him a good while and were also almost permanently employed by him" he commands and you stare at him for a stunned moment before slowly shaking your head "Oh...no, that's not a good idea"

"The fuck are you talking about?!" Sanzu instantly barks at you, letting you know that his fingers are probably itching painfully again to simply take out his gun and put a hole between your eyebrows "Are you refusing an order from the boss?!"

Your eyes flick to him before they go to Akashi as he questions "What's the problem?", Rindou also looks at you with a confused look on his face. You straighten up a little in your chair "I know I have no right to say anything here but...you shouldn't make a deal with Naruhito" "And why is that?" he presses while you feel the eyes of Bonten's number 2 piercing through you like a dagger.

"He's a thief"

Kokonoi frowns at you "Aren't you a thief too? I can pretty vividly remember how you stole our car" "Touché" you sigh, lifting your hands before you knit your eyebrows and look at them with a serious expression "Thieves are thieves but there are differences. I stole to survive, Naruhito steals for fun now and nothing more because he likes taking everything in his reach"

"You should shut your stupid mouth. You're not in the position to make any demands or anything like that!" Sanzu glares at you "Not to mention that we know of a nasty rumor circulating about you and Naruhito", you swallow hard and already know what he's going to bring up, causing you to grit your teeth and ball your hands into fists. Rindou turns to you, looking at your side profile with furrowed eyebrows and clearly seeing that you're fuming but he can't tell why while also not knowing what Sanzu is implying.

"Heard that you not only drove for him but you two also pulled a job together that set you both for the rest of your life" he stated and a mischievous grin spreads across his face "And you are really sitting in front of me now, trying to tell me that you're a thief of the better kind than him?" "What is he talking about?" Rindou frowns as he hears that for the first time since nobody talked to him about that yet.

"Oh, I'm just talking about how Naruhito and [L/n] allegedly stole a son's whole legacy two years ago when they were working with each other" he elaborates, looking back at you "And now she's suddenly acting like she didn't stole after that anymore and is not a petty thief!"