꧁•⊹٭𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟺٭⊹•꧂

You ruffle through your hair as you exit the police station and walk over to Shinya's car as he's here to pick you up after you spend the whole night there. It wasn't like you were arrested or something like that but the cops had a bunch of questions on why your warehouse suddenly exploded. They were obviously biased because of your criminal record but they don't have any proof that you did that on purpose or are involved with any other crimes.

Your insurance luckily takes over the damage of the warehouse and your BMW M6 convertible, which was also stored there when it got blown up. The firefighters were there in time, so the fire didn't spread to the surrounding buildings.

"Everything okay, bunny?" Shinya questions with concern in his eyes as you sit down in the passenger seat. You purse your lips as you buckle your seatbelt and hold back your tears, so he hums "Come here", he reaches over to you and hugs you tightly. You let out a sob and cling onto him as your emotions overwhelm you and the images of last night repeat like an endless loop in your mind.

"I'm so tired.." you pull away and prop your elbows on your thighs, burying your face in your hands "I don't know what to do", he strokes over your hair before he starts the car "The best is you get some sleep first and then we discuss everything. I talked to Rindou on the phone just now, he will come to my place in a few hours after work", the latter had to leave the scene for obvious reasons..-

"Okay" you mumble, lifting your head as you pick up your phone from the center console to check the time, seeing it's 8:39am.

"You turned your phone off last night, right?" You ask and he nods "Yeah when you're awake again, we will meet up with Ivan and Niko. They will give me a new phone" "Okay" you hum and stare at your phone in your hands with narrowed eyes. Aspen told you last night that she wasn't able to hack into your phone for some reason but you aren't sure about Shinya's cell, so he turned it off to not get tracked and now uses your phone in the meantime.

Entering Shinya's home, you kick off your shoes and he does the same "Do you wanna eat anything before going to bed?" "No, I just wanna take a shower and then sleep" you wave your hand, walking farther into the penthouse and head towards his bedroom as he nods "I am here, okay?" "Okay" you nod back.

Shinya bounces his leg as he sits on the couch and glances down the hallway, knowing that you're sleeping in his room for a couple hours now. The doorbell rings and he instantly stands up to get the door "Hey" "Is she still sleeping?" Rindou instantly questions as he walks in, tugging on his tie "How is she doing?" "She's sleeping and nope, she's not doing okay" Shinya replies and lights a cigarette while your husband follows him into the living room.

"Fuck.." the latter runs a hand over his mouth and paces back and forth before he halts and locks eyes with Shinya "[Y/n] told me that Aspen showed up about two months after the crash to kill her" "Yeah" "She said that you showed up and saved her" he goes on "What exactly happened? Why did you two let her go?" "I didn't want to let her go like that" Shinya leans forward and pulls the ashtray closer to him to ash his cigarette. Rindou knits his eyebrows "What do you mean?"

"I wanted to kill her"

Your best friend flexes his jaw before taking another drag, adding "[Y/n] was the one who wanted to let her leave", exhaling the smoke in his lungs "She completely freaked out when I wanted to do it after I knocked Aspen out" "She freaked out?" "She started crying and literally hyperventilated when I tried to make her clear that Aspen has to die because she won't stop" he explains "I gave in and let her leave"

Rindou glances around before he meets Shinya's eyes again "She has to die! I don't care if [Y/n] likes that or not but that bitch will try to kill her again and I won't let that happen!!" "Good that we agree on that" Shinya said before tilting his head "But I'm not sure if [Y/n] knows that as well. We have to make her understand there is no other choice" "Shit.." Rindou grumbles under his breath as he sits down "I don't know if she will ever accept that. Aspen was her best friend but she's past the point and there's no way anything can fix this mess..-"