~ chpater 69

Snoozing the alarm, she opens her eyes while snuggling Reyansh to her chest. Adjusting to the brightness her eyes lands on the clock showing 7am. Diverting her gaze back from the clock she turns her head around and looks down at her son who snuggles into her chest. Her lips curves into a smile.

Her eyes also landed on her husband who was sleeping bare chest hugging Aadhira to his chest. Untangling herself from Reyansh who stirs in sleep and immediately hugs Aadhira turning his body making Avni's heart content witnessing their love.

Sitting up resting her head against the headboard she leans over and caressing Reyansh and Aadhira's  head and dropping a kiss she climbs down the bed and walks to Neil's side.

She sat on the edge of bed and raising her hand she start to her fingers into his hair. She look at him who stirs in sleep while wrapping his free hand around Reyansh.  Bending down she kissed his head and climbs down the bed heading to washroom.

It's been a whole month since she had been going back to office. In this whole month she had hectic time in office and hardly gets a time to spend with the family. She had been handling the office by herself in absence of Nandini, Mukti and Alya.

Nandini had taken by few months off from work. Mukti was in pairs for a show that she couldn't attend due to personal commitments and Alya was on her honeymoon.

Leaving a note for Neil she quickly got ready and grabbing her phone and glancing towards bed where her loved ones were peacefully sleeping. Her heart was dying to stay back and be with them but she couldn't neglect her work.

Kissing their cheek lastly and pulling the duvet over she walks out of the room.

Neil flicks his eyes opens when he felt small hands roaming around his back. He tilts his head and took glimpse of his kids who was sitting either side of bed and trying to wake him up. He holds his chuckle and holding their wrist pulls them over him his body.

The twins landed on his stomach and starts out laughing jumping on him. Neil smiles and holding their wrists stops them from jumping. He sits up and pulls them on his side and kissed their cheek.

Neil: good morning to my precious angels. Did you sleep well?

Reyansh and Aadhira simply nodded their head and giggles making him chuckle. They starts pulling with Neil whereas Neil's landed on empty side of his. He deeply sighs and didn't take any second to realise where his wife might be.

He stretched his hand out to grab his phone when the note caught his attention. He took the note and his phone and looking at the twins who stopped playing looks at Neil with sad expression noticing their mother wasn't with them.

Neil knew it had been very hard to his angels to adjust without their mother. It's not that Avni was neglecting them but the twins got very less time with Avni. He pulls them in hug and read the note.

" good morning Neil, I know reading my note you have woken up. My apologies isn't enough but at least I can apologies to my angels who carves for my love and attention. I'm sorry Neil. I had to rush back to office. I know you understand me but I feel so guilty leaving everything on you. I'll try my best to come back by afternoon. I had meeting that's why I had attend otherwise I was supposed to be home with you and our angels. I'm sorry. Please tell them I love them. I love you so much Neil.
I'll see you in the afternoon.

Bye,
Your Jaan,
Avni.

Neil chuckles reading the note and keeping the note safely in the drawer looks down at his angles who was looking sad. He sighs and starts to tickle and the whole was filled with their laughters and their eyes filled with tears due to constant laugh.