~chapter 54

Sneaking out of the room she quietly closed the door behind her and descending down the stairs. Her eyes went straight to the clocking showing the time.

Taking a deep breath and sighs realising theft is no time to waste. Walking to kitchen she took all the ingredients and starts preparing for the cake as she planned since last week.

Neil's birthday is tomorrow and she wanted to bake a cake for Neil like every year tradition she has, every year she would bake him a cake and wish him before their family comes knocking on their door.

Engrossing herself making the batter and getting the icing ready she puts the cake in oven and starts to clean the counter while the cake is baking.

Putting on the timer she rushed back to her room quietly and grabbing her phone looks at the time and dimming the lights she starts to decorate the room with balloons and candles and flowers.

Once she was done decorating the room she slips on the slippers and quietly again sneaks out of the room and went to kitchen.

Wearing the gloves and she took the cake out and looked so proud and pleased seeing the cake. Keeping on the counter she starts icing the cake.

Holding the cake in her hand she walks out of the kitchen and headed back to her room. Pushing the door quietly she enters inside and keeping the cake on the coffee table glanced over the bed where her husband and the twins were sleeping.

She smiles and walks to bed and sitting beside her husband she starts to ruffle his hair to which he moves while groaning in sleep. She chuckles and bending down kissed his head and looks over her twins who were snugging into their father chest.

Softly calling his name out she tries to wake him up but he didn't budge at all. She sighs and starts doing mischief making him frustrated in sleep.

She heard his sleepy voice and couldn't help but giggle at his frustration and bending down nibbles his ears before whispering him to wake up then glancing over the clock softly whispers into his ear.

Avni : happy birthday Neil. I know you're awake. Now stop pretending and get up.

Neil groans and slowly opening his eyes looks at his son and daughter who snuggling to his chest. He smiles brightly then carefully turns around facing his wife and roamed his eyes around the room seeing all decorated. His heart overwhelmed seeing how much effort she puts every year to make his  birthday special.

His eyes always shines up when he notices little details of her surprise. His wife knows how to melt his heart. He held his tears back and staring his wife sits up and cupping her face forwards closet and kissed her forehead. He left his lips there a little longer.

Her eyes closed as she felt his lips touching her skin. She opens her eyes when she felt his thin brushing against her cheeks. Her lips curves into a smile.

Neil : thank you so much Jaan. I could never imagine what you have planned for my birthday. Every year you make it so special and I would always be gratitude to you. Thank you so much Jaan. I love you so much.

He pecks her head again and strokes her cheek while tucking her hair strands.

Avni : happy birthday husband. Now cut the cake before our parents come to wish you.

Neil nodded his head and looks at his wife who got down the bed and brought the cake front of him. She lit the candle and smiles gesturing Neil to make a wife before blowing the candle.

Neil closed his eyes and after making a wish he opens his eyes and looks at the cake. He took the knife and looks at his wife before taking her hand in his and cuts the cake together.