~chapter 44

His sleep broke middle of night. He frowns finding the other side of bed empty. Rubbing his eyes and glancing at the time he climbs down bed and starts waking towards the cot and looks so confused and worried finding it empty.

He starts panicking and ruffles his hair while rushed to balcony hoping he would find them but no luck no one was in the balcony.

He took a deep breath and rushed outside of the room and deeply sighs when he heard giggles and laughter from downstairs. He look while climbing the stairs finding his whole family and friends seated in living hall trying to calm his little boy who couldn't stop crying.

He got worried and starts looking who his wife who was nowhere to be found. He pushed his friends away and scooped his son up from his father arm and starts calming him down.

Neil : it's okay. Look who is here. Look papa is here. Why are you crying?

He looks at his friends and his father who looks at Neil with a smile adoring on their faces.

Neil : why are you guys  still awake? Where is Avni? Where is other ladies? Why is he crying so much? What happened? Can someone explain me?

He yells at them who haven't really told him what happened earlier and reasons why his is son crying nonstop. He looks at his son and strokes his cheek gently wiping the tears off and strolls around the room holding him close to his chest and hoping he would stop crying.

His eyes snaps at kitchen away where his wife stood holding their daughter in her arm and the rest ladies behind her. He sighs in relief seeing them safe.

Hr rushed towards them and placed a hand on her cheek. He gently strokes it her cheek while glancing down at his daughter.

Neil : where did you go Jaan? I got worried and so many negatives thoughts crossed in my head.

Avni : I'm sorry Neil. I was in kitchen. When do you wake up?

Neil : I woke up not finding any of you in the room. I got worried and surprised finding the whole family awake middle of night. Should I he worried and concerned at same time?

Avni : I'm sorry Neil. I didn't wanted to disturb you. He starts crying and have fever. I got worried when mom comes knocking our bedroom. She told me to come out with them and the rest follows followed hearing his cry. 

Neil : he has stopped crying. Should we take him to hospital? I'm really worried. Will he be okay? Do we need to see a doctor?

Avni : no Neil. I have spoken to doctor. It's normal for them to get fever. He will be okay.

Neil looks very concerned and worried about his son who's body is hot. He looks at his mother who blinks her eyes assuring him he will be fine. He sighs and cooed his son closer to his son and took a glimpse of his daughter who was faster asleep in Avni's arms.

Neil : she's asleep Jaan. You should put her to bed.

She looks at Neil then down at her daughter who slept after crying while ago. She nodded her head and looks at everyone who was gathering around them.

Avni : we are very sorry bothering you guys all this late. You should also go back to sleep.

Neil : yes! We are very sorry. Please go back and sleep. We have to get up early tomorrow morning.

The family shook their head and wishing the couple goodnight headed back to their respective rooms. Neil looks at his wife and smiles planted a kiss on side of her head.

Neil : Jaan, shall we head to our room?

She nodded her head and starts walking up the stairs. He shook his head and went to behind her. He put his son down on bed and caressed his cheek lightly. He then looks at his daughter who was beside his son. He smiles and bending his body over kissed her forehead.